Chapter 17: A Christmas Gathering

CHAPTER 17: A CHRISTMAS GATHERING

Nick’s POV:

Five days, that’s all the time they gave us off for Christmas. The theatre’s busiest times of the year usually started in early February and so rehearsals usually took off before New Year. We had Christmas Day off but New Year’s was a working day.

The thought of working on New Year’s filled me with dread. Who wants to work on New Year’s Day when the rest of the country was throwing parties and getting drunk? Not me that was for sure. But regardless, I had no choice. Well at least I had Christmas off. And I was going home for five days.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

“I hope your family likes me.” Emma said, shooting a nervous look at me.

“Don’t worry they’ll love you” I smiled, before continuing to scan the terminal for Kevin.

“They might feel like I’m intruding on your family Christmas time.” She continued, still not satisfied.

“Its five days Em, and my family is not like that at all.” I reassured, slipping my hand into hers and leading her over to where I had spotted Kevin standing.

I had met Emma in New York a month or so earlier when she was filming a movie. We had hit it off almost immediately and I found myself in the first steady relationship I’d had in months. She was a nice girl and her laid back persona had made it easy for me to fall for her.

“Hey Kev” I said, reaching out to hug my older brother as we reached him. Emma hung back nervously.

“Hey Nick” Kevin replied, holding onto our embrace. I hadn’t seen my family in three months what with work and everything. Everything, I laughed internally. I couldn’t even admit her name inwardly.

“Kev, this is-“ I was beginning to say as I stepped back from him.

“Emma Roberts!” Kevin interrupted a look of surprise on his face.

Emma took that as her cue and stepped forward extending her hand out to him.

“Nice to finally meet you Kevin” she smiled.

Kevin took her hand and turning to me he said in an amused tone, “When you said you were dating an actress named Emma I didn’t think you meant Emma Roberts.”

“But yes I am very glad to meet you Emma.” He said, finally turning to her and then adding “I am a big fan of your movies.”

“Well that’s always a start I guess.” Emma said, laughing as Kevin and I exchanged smiles.  

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Demi’s POV:

“Nick is dating Emma Roberts? The Emma Roberts?” Joe was asking to his mom, a look of shock on his face.

“If by the Emma Roberts you mean the girl you boys used to gush over in the Nancy Drew movies then yes that is she” his mother replied, not looking up from the pot she was stirring.

We were at the Jonas’ house for a Christmas Eve lunch and we had arrived early because I’d told Mrs Jonas I would help her with her cooking. Everyone was expected to be there but so far it had been only Joe and I. Kevin was down at the studio and Nick was with Emma in town doing some shopping. Joe had taken the time to drill his mother about Nick’s new bird much to my annoyance.

“Oh she was just a childhood crush.” Joe murmured, shooting an embarrassed look my way.

“Anyways, she and Nick seem very happy together” Mrs Jonas continued. “She is very level headed and down to Earth. And of course flawlessly beautiful.”