Chapter 20: Aftermath

CHAPTER 20: AFTERMATH

Nick’s POV:

She had been there one minute. And the next, gone.

 I was left standing alone in an empty parking lot looking after her car as it sped away. I hadn’t even made any attempt to go after her. My feet were glued to the ground where moments earlier she had been. The multitude of feelings that overcame me were a mixture of surprise, hope, riddled with sadness, heartache and misery.

She had told me she loved me.

She loved me.

All those months I had battled my inner feelings for her in New York thinking she was loved up by my brother. And yet it was I who was on her mind and more importantly; in her heart. The whole time I had been running away from her, fighting what I felt in my heart and she had been willing and waiting the entire time for me to take her into my arms.

The spark of hope that ignited in me when she spoke those words was unbelievable……

But it had lasted all of five minutes.

The situation she had spilled her heart out in could not have been any worse.

She had spoken her part and it had ended with goodbye.

Tears welled up in my eyes as the realization dawned on me that I had loved and lost her. What my brother and I had done to her was unforgiveable. There would be no consoling her this time. There would be no second chances for the pitiful Jonas brothers this time around.

The thought finally occurred to me as to why I hadn’t made a move to chase after her. To stop her and tell her I was sorry. That I loved her back and how I always had. That everything I had done to keep away from her had been a front because I was a coward who would not fight for her.

It was plain as day now.

I didn’t deserve her.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Demi’s POV:

(Three months later: March)

“Demi get out of bed it’s almost two in the afternoon” Selena whined, hitting me with a pillow.

I groaned rolling over to the other side of the bed and burying my head under another pillow.

“I have cinnamon rolls in the kitchen” she added.

I instantly peeked out from under the pillow, “Are they the honey glazed ones?”

“And they’re the big ones too.” She added nodding.

“Okay” I sighed, pulling the blanket off me and making an effort to sit up.

“One to Selena” Sel piped in, smiling wickedly.

If anyone knew my list of weaknesses it was Selena Gomez. And honey glazed cinnamon rolls were on that list.

“I don’t know why you bother with an alarm clock” she said pouring me a cup of coffee, once I’d finally sat myself down in the kitchen.

“I had a late night what did you expect.” I replied, lazily reaching out over the table for a cinnamon roll.

“The studio let’s you off at eight, I don’t see why you can’t just come home after that.” she responded, looking worriedly at me.

“I have more work to do, stuff to perfect.” I replied, mindlessly picking at the roll.

“You’re overworked Demi, you need to calm down.”