Chapter 27: A Blast From His Past

Dedication: This is dedicated to Nick Jonas Love who gives me great comments to keep on writing, thanks babe. xx

CHAPTER 27: A BLAST FROM HIS PAST

Nick’s POV:

“We’ll see you at the end of the week then” Mike said from the other side of the line before hanging up.

I was in New York for the week. I had booked an appearance on the Today Show, for an interview as well as a performance of the song.

I had live performed ‘Shape of my Heart’ so many times I had lost count. But with the full album coming out in a month, I had loads promotional work to do.

“This is only the beginning Nick. You’re going to overthrow all the Justin Biebers and One Directions of this world and take that top spot in teen girls’ hearts.” Joe had mocked the night before.

“I prefer not to actually” I replied flatly. Only my brother would see a successful music career as a means of getting it on with girls. It was no wonder he couldn’t keep a relationship.

“I swear Nick people will start to think you’re gay now, you haven’t been with a girl in months!”

“Well I have a job to do, excuse me for wanting to focus on my career first.” I scolded.

“Yeah yeah whatever. Music career or not you have to learn how to enjoy it as well and not be such a work horse.” Joe replied, rolling his eyes.

I had waved him off carelessly. What did he know?

I had my music right now and it was pretty much all I needed. Girls had only been a nuisance to me in the past. It was finally time to take a break, my mind and body. Work first.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□

“Another glass of sherry?” the waiter asked. I hadn’t noticed him sidle up infront of me at the bar because my full attention was on the flat screen tv where the Red Sox were playing.

“Uh sure” I replied, sliding the glass over to him which he took and left for a refill.

I was in New York city Nick where I could be out finding millions of things to do tonight but instead here I was at the hotel bar downing a few. Joe was right, I have absolutely no life.

“I’d rather be by myself anyways” I grumbled to myself.

“I hope I’m not intruding on you then” a voice replied causing me to spin around so fast I almost lost my balance on the swivel bar chair.

There standing behind me with a huge grin on her face was Emma.

“Emma!” I exclaimed in surprise, I hadn’t seen her since we had broken up. Neither had we kept in contact.

“Good to see you too Nick” she grinned before rushing forward to hug me.

Her act caught me off guard but I soon felt myself glad to have seen her again. We hadn’t exactly parted on great terms. And she looked great now. Her blonde hair was shoulder length now and her green eyes were sparkling as ever.

“You look good” I complimented with a smile.

“So do you!” she remarked, “I guess the booming music career is to thank for that?”

“Aw shucks I guess you heard?”

“Who hasn’t!” she exclaimed, laughter dancing in her eyes. “Your face is on the billboard outside this very hotel Nick. Don’t be so modest!”