Chapter 31: A Formulated Plan

• Dedicated to Cory Monteith RIP

This chapter is dedicated to one of my beloved idols, Cory Monteith. Sweet dreams baby, you will be dearly missed :( #RIPCoryMonteith 

◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘

DEMI'S POV:

12pm on the dot. I'd already had a cup of coffee and one going onto two savoury scones. 

Slow down Demi, i thought. You eat way too much when youre nervous or unsure. Good thing i'd hit a pilates class in the am. 

The amount of suppressed nerves i harboured had grown surprisingly overnight. I dont even know why. All i was probably getting was wedding invitations. But after a wine bottle later, the edgy feelings has started. They werent just any wedding invites. They were wedding invites from a guy who up until months ago i had thought was going to be the love of my life. 

"Demi!" 

I snapped to attention seeing Danielle finally arrive, strewing her way through tables. 

"Oh hi!" i immediately jetted out of my chair, caught off guard with my thoughts and feeling slightly embarassed.

She quickly reached out to embrace me, as was the usual when we met. And seated herself across from me. 

"Well sorry if i kept you waiting" she apologized

"Oh its okay i had nothing better to do anyways" i lied. I had a meeting i had to push back for this.

Danielle and Kevin had their own reality TV show now with the E channel. She was also expecting and i sympathized with the poor girl given her busy schedules. 

"Well hows things?" she asked, smiling brightly. The pregnancy was doing her well, she was glowing. 

"Oh well work's lightened up abit since the tour, we just needed a little time to kick back before heading back into the studio."

The convo continued for the next thirty minutes. Lunch was ordered and eaten.

"So hey, I call you here for a reason other than to catch up...." Danielle began, as the waiter was taking the empty dishes away.

"You probably know Nick and Emma are tying the knot soon, and well she promised you guys invites back in Europe..." her voice was low and levelled.

"... the thing is... you aren't invited anymore." she finished off.

Im pretty sure my face was a register of shock and smirking. I wasnt ''that'' surprised. We weren't even that close to the family anymore. If anything, they'd rather avoid me, and Selena from now on. 

"It's okay" i began to say, "You guys probably have a load of other people more important to invite anyways. It was really nice of Emma to say she wanted to invite us anyways, but i guess the family makes decisions as a group... And lets face it, we're not exactly everyone's cup of tea right now."

Joe. Kevin. Their mother. Maybe even Nick, or maybe mostly Nick. 

"Actually, Emma asked not to." Danielle replied. 

"But she invited us!" I retorted, curiously.

"Yeah well I don't want to be a goss but they've been having problems regarding you lately." 

"Me? huh? what do you mean?" my face must've been riddled with confusion.

Danielle cleared her voice and look about her nervously. 

"Look it's not my place but it's hard to see them having these problems what with the day drawing closer.... but i care for you and well i thought it was the right thing to come here and tell you to your face why you weren't invited."