Chapter 15: A Famous Crush

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey guys I just wanted to mention that although I originally planned to take the 'Joe's indiscretion' subplot further in this chapter I decided to leave it until later chapters and introduce another one of my side plots at this point in the story. Everything does eventually flow but anyways enjoy. I really enjoyed writing this chapter because of my love for these boys.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

CHAPTER 15: A FAMOUS CRUSH

Demi’s POV:

“Have you heard of the band One Direction?” My twelve year old sister Maddy was asking me.

“Who hasn’t” I replied absentmindedly, while shifting through some notes from my X-factor work. Live shows had started and I couldn’t catch a break what with my finally remaining contestant taking up literally all of my time. Jillian, Paige and Willie had already been cut in the weeks before and now all my hopes of winning the competition were riding on Jennel. It was a week before the grand final and I was doing all I could fathom in my power to make sure Jennel survived the final cut.  

“Yeah well I heard they’re going to be on your show next week for the finals” Maddy replied. She was staying with me for the weekend while my parents were travelling to New York for a charity dinner my mom supported.  

“Yep. There’s quite a huge fuss over it already” I replied, looking up momentarily from my work. “There was a huge demand in tickets to the final show because of them, but it’s all sold out now. But don’t worry I managed to snatch you and your friends a few tickets.”

She seemed to light up at that. “Oh thanks sis” she beamed, “I wasn’t going to ask you because I didn’t want to be a hassle.”

Maddy was a good kid. She wasn’t spoilt despite her comfortable upbringing. She never asked for anything and was rarely a handful to have around, which was why I had offered to take her for the weekend in the first place.

“It’s ok, I already knew you were a big fan so I didn’t mind getting them” I said smiling at her.

“Anyways that’s not why I brought them up” she went on, and when she saw the look of surprise on my face she added “Niall Horan, the blonde Irish one, yeah he has a massive crush on you.”

I raised an eyebrow at her, “Why does it matter?” I asked. I was probably one of his many celebrity crushes. I had seen the guy many times. He and his band were litreally everywhere right now. They had called it the British invasion and they currently had every teen girl in the world love struck.

“What do you mean?” Maddy exclaimed.

“I’m probably just one of his many celebrity crushes. People have crushes all the time. I have a crush on Leo Dicaprio; you don’t see him making a big deal out of it.” I assured her.

“You don’t get it Demi…. You’re his only crush! Well the only one he’s been very verbal about anyway” Maddy retorted, practically jumping off the edge of her seat.

“What do you mean ‘only’ crush he’s verbal about?” I asked, curiously. What was going on in the pop world I didn’t know about?

“In every interview he’s asked who is celebrity crush is, he says you” came the reply.

“Really?” I looked at her with raised eyebrows.

“Yes” she went on. “And he’s not afraid to talk about it either! Trust me it’s not just a normal crush, this guy has you down to a tee.”