Chapter 60

A/N: Again, prepare yourself.

Thoughts

*Rai-Lin*

I was torn. The incoming Kelberos has split up meaning one was coming for Takio and Tao, while the other was headed for M and the newly arrived Regis. I hesitated for a moment before going after M and Regis. Hopefully, I would be able to end the two attacking them quickly before moving on to Takio and Tao.

I arrived just in time to see the two Kelberos throw M and Regis around like rag dolls. I noticed Yeonsu approach as I did and gave her a short nod. As the man I had been fighting before went to finish M off, she attacked. While the two men were distracted, I flung my power out, wrapping around the new man.

The blonde man's power was great. It strained against mine hard enough sweat dripped down my forehead. Whereas before I had been buying time for Sangin to escape, now I was trying to kill the person wrapped in my powers. I might have succeeded, too, if I wasn't momentarily distracted my M falling to the ground after protecting Yeonsu.

The man shattered my power. The shards flew from him. I cast a barrier around my family and Yeonsu, but before I could put one around myself, a shard pierced the right side of my chest.

I had never been pierced with my own power before. The pain that spread from the wound was intense, intense enough I fell to my knees. The world was a blur, the only sound I could hear was the ringing in my ears.

Breathing heavily, I didn't react as the blond man strode to me and kicked me over. With a sadistic smile, he used his heavy boot to drive the shard further into my chest. Blood bubbled between my lips as I attempted to groan. The man pushed some more until the shard went all the way through me, and I was pinned to the cement beneath me like a butterfly pinned to a board.

I didn't know what happened after that. I was too busy drifting. While my body could normally heal from a wound such as this, it seemed that my body was rejecting my power. The pain from it was unlike anything I had ever felt before. A wave of pain washed over me, and I finally let out a scream. My body was on fire.

The fire crawled through my veins, burning every inch of me. I screamed and screamed until I finally, thankfully, lost consciousness.

*M*

I couldn't believe it. Rai-Lin, my strong, seemingly unbeatable, big sister was unconscious, blood running out of her body in rivers. The red substance flowed from her chest, her mouth, her nose, even the corners of her eyes. I tried to will my body to move, so I could move closer to her, maybe even protect her in some way. She was so pale, almost the color of death. I felt a single tear fall down my face.

The next few minutes passed in a blur. I had tried to protect Regis, but I failed him, too. I knew I was the reason Rai-Lin was hurt, and I knew I would probably never forgive myself for that.

A strong power rumbled through the area as Raizel appeared. He took one look at Rai-Lin, and the power increased from him tenfold. "Who did this?" he asked as he knelt beside her.

"Aw, were the two of you lovers?" the man who had done that to Rai-Lin cackled. "It was beyond fun to watch the pain seep into her eyes and to listen to her sweet scream."

My body was finally starting to respond. I pulled myself to my knees as Raizel stalked forward. His eyes flashed. I knew there was about to be a battle, and I couldn't bring myself to care. I got to my feet and drug my battered body to Rai-Lin's side. Frankenstein was still beside her.

As I collapsed next to her, I reached to pull the shard out to unpin her from the cement. "Don't," Frankenstein said. I glanced at him. "If you pull it out now, she will bleed to death. I'll have to take it out in my lab." He stared at me seriously. "M, I have to help master. I trust you to protect her."

I bowed my head, flashing back to her being hurt because of me. When I raised my head, determination course through me. "I will."

Frankie smiled halfheartedly. "I know." Then, he was gone.

Raizel had already finished off the two henchman who had caused Rai-Lin her injuries, and Seira had taken care of the female Kelberos who had appeared with the twelfth elder after Rai-Lin had been hurt. Frankenstein placed a hand on Raizel's shoulder before going forward to battle the elder.

My senses were on high alert. Every sound, every movement was documented by me. I wasn't going to allow anyone else to harm Rai-Lin, not even if it meant giving my life.

An inhuman growl escaped me as the elder turned into an evil bat and swooped down over us. I cast my body over Rai-Lin's, my weight on my forearms, to prevent any part of the foul thing from touching her. Before it could reach us, I felt a slight gust of wind and looked up.

Raizel stood in front of us, the bat's claws at his throat. He didn't move, but the power from him increased. He locked into a ferocious battle with the thing. It was impressive, Raizel's power, but I still couldn't bring myself to care.

When the battle finally ended, I turned my full attention to Rai-Lin. She was sweating profusely, and the streams of blood leaving her body had doubled in size. Her chest barely rose and fell. When I felt for her pulse, it was so weak that I almost couldn't feel it.

"Frankenstein," I called. There must have been something in my voice because both Raizel and him were at my side in a second.

Frankenstein swore. "We have to get her back to the lab immediately."

Raizel took some of her blood, but before he could do anything with it, Frankenstein's hand snapped out to grab Raziel's. A storm brewed in Raizel's eyes, but Frankenstein hastily explained. "Her body has too much power going through it right now. It's why she is reacting to this wound so poorly. Add your power to it, and it will kill her. Getting her to my lab is her only chance."

Raizel drew back, sorrow and pain in his eyes. "Save her."