Chapter 20

Thoughts

*Rai-Lin*

I slowly followed the group of people who were going to see Sui Lim. The only reason I was bothering to go at all was because I could sense a hostile aura around M-21 and another person. I walked up to see a big guy holding the groundskeeper by his throat. I stepped forward at the same time as M-21. "Put him down," we said at the same time.

"What? Good. I was really annoyed because of you," The man looked at me. "And what are you going to do, princess?"

M-21 and I exchanged a look. "Why do I have to repeat myself?" M-21 asked. He grabbed the man by his necklace and pulled, while I took the man out at the knees. "I said put him down."

"How dare you?" the man growled. He tried to get up, but M-21 kept him down with one hand. Without warning, M-21 flung him into the van.

I moved over to the man and leaned down next to him. "If you ever try something like that again, we'll do worse that embarrass you." The man spat in my face. I wiped his spit off before glancing at M-21. "Take care of him." I walked away.

The crowd dispersed. I noticed Shinwu and the other children run up to Sui. I walked back to M-21. "Is the disgusting man gone?"

"Yes. I sent him packing as soon as you left," M-21 clenched his fists. "The way he disrespected you made me want to bash his face in."

I placed my hand on his shoulder. "I appreciate that, though it's a good thing you didn't. Frankie would have murdered us," I noticed Raziel approaching the kids. Sui was staring at him with adoring eyes. "If you will excuse me, I have to go save Raziel from admirers." I waved at M-21, who smiled.

I walked up to Raziel and hooked my arm through his. "Hello, my love." I kissed him on the cheek. Sui's cheeks grew even more red as she adverted her eyes.

"Oh, Sui, this is Rai-Lin, but we call her Lin. She's Rai's girlfriend," Yuna introduced us.

I bowed to Sui. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

Shock clouded her features. "You were the girl who stood up against the bodyguard."

"I don't like bullies," I said simply.

The bell rang, signaling the end to lunch. "Lunch is over. Let's get back to class," Ikhan said. Raziel guided me back into the school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The children were coming over again. I liked the kids. I really did. But I also liked some alone time with Raziel, which I seemed to never get anymore. Sui took everything in. I stood beside her. "Make yourself at home," I said. She started. "You can't make any bigger of a mess than Shinwu. If only he knew how much he made my brother twitch." I laughed.

Sui watched as the others raided the fridge. "Who's your brother?"

"Didn't the others tell you? The chairman is my brother." She started at that, but I was already walking to Raziel's side.

The door opened and Frankie and M-21 entered. "Frankie, M, how nice of you to join us." There was laughter in my voice I as watched Frankie start to sweat at the sight of the trash.

M-21 arched an eyebrow in a silent question. 'I don't like you having a number in your name. You're a person, not an object.' I said in his mind.

He smiled. 'Thank you.'

"Mr. Chairman, could you bring us some cups?" Shinwu asked. I thought Frankie was going to go off right there.