Chapter 66

A/N: Alas! The day has finally come! This is the last chapter I have for this story. I definitely got emotional as I realized this. It's been a journey, one I have been so lucky to have all of you in. I am thankful you stuck around until the end; however, I do have a few bonus chapters written at the part of Noblesse where the traitor Nobles invade Lukedonia. If you all would be interested in me posting them, let me know in the comments below. Again, thank you all again for loving this fic as much as you have. Now, let's dive into the last chapter of The Noblesse and his Love.

*Rai-Lin*

After M and I returned to the living room, we found Raizel playing with the children as well. M and I quickly joined in. We played until the Sun went down and the children went home. Then, we all headed down to the lab. We were going to go over what all had happened with the Elder who had appeared after I had fallen unconscious.

"It's just as you said, the Union Elder you saw was someone who made a contract with Locktis," Frankie began. "To be exact, someone who got power through body modification made a deal with Locktis. Judging from the fact that Locktis' behavior was so radical, and his contractor is an elder can only mean that he is in the Union."

"Umm...who is Loctis?" asked Tao.

My face darkened. "You guys have heard about the family leaders that betrayed the former and the current Lord back at Lukedonia."

"Loctis is..."

"Yes, he was one of the family leaders who betrayed us and also went after Master's life," Frankie started. "Things won't be the same anymore. We have had a conflict with a union elder. They gain power and live independently but they are the ones that lead the union. But the 12th Elder's personal guard, Kelberos and the 12th Elder were all finished off."

Tao quickly put it together and frowned. "Something unexpected happened in this country, so the Union will do everything in their power to obtain as much information on us as possible. Then, we will be exposed."

"We can't avoid a head-on collision with the Union," M crossed his arms.

"Leave," Raizel said suddenly. I looked at him evenly, knowing this was coming. "You can no longer live the life you wanted here." He stood up and walked out of the room.

I stood up as well. "I will speak with him. Frankie, take care of them." I sent them a sad smile and followed Raizel.

He was in our room as I knew he would be. He sat on the bed, his head down. I sat beside me, rubbing his back. "You've used a lot, haven't you?"

Raizel sighed. "More than I would like. I do not know if I can protect them."

"You do not have to, not alone. You have Frankie and I, and they are far from helpless," I paused. "If I know them, and I do, they will not leave. They all have good hearts and are fiercely loyal. I do not want them in danger either, but it is not our decision to make."

Raizel sniffed. Brushing back some of his hair, I saw that for the first time in over 800 years, Raizel was crying tears of blood. I quickly pulled him to me. His head laid on my chest, and my head laid on his. I slowed my movement to a calming rub on his back. "It will be fine, my love. We are a strong family. We will get through this." I continued to hold him close and whisper to him while he cried.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several days later, I wandered around the house with a heavy heart. I eventually made my way outside as the night air often soothed my worries. To my surprise, I found the little brothers and the nobles on the balcony. I heard M say, "I still...don't understand. Every moment...He was shortening his own life? Why would he trade his life for us?"