50,000 Views Oneshot

Heyo, everyone! It's been a long time, hasn't it? I am just popping in here to say: Thank you all so much for 50,000 views on this fic. This fic will always hold a special place in my heart, and I hope people will continue to enjoy it. But as a thank you, I have decided to post a one shot I had written for this fic a long time ago. Also, if you all would like, I have about 6,000 words written of the scene where the nobles invaded Lukedonia that I could post if you all were interested. Comment down below if you would like that. Again, thank you all. Now, let's get one with the oneshot. 

The Boys

Children's laughter reached my ears. Raziel and I exchanged smiles as two blond-headed boys chased each other around the mansion's garden. Rael and Lazark held our hearts and having them over was the highlight of our days.

Raizel and I sat side by side, hands intertwined. Frankie was off sparring with the boys' father, Rayga, which was why we had the boys right now. They were currently playing tag with Lazark easily keeping out Rael's grasp since Rael was much shorter than his older brother.

Rael lunged for his brother only to miss and fall on his face. Raizel and I were at Rael's side at an instant. Lazark was staring at Rael with wide eyes, and I sent him a comforting look as Raizel gently picked Rael up.

Rael's eyes were filled with tears, but he did not let them fall. There was a large scrape on his face as he had fallen on the cobblestone path. "It's alright to cry, Rael," Raizel said. "It does not mean you are weak, no matter what others tell you."

Rael sniffed before burying his face in the crook of Raizel's neck, letting out a sob. Raizel rubbed his back slowly. "I'll take care of him," Raizel whispered. "Talk with Lazark. He is blaming himself." I nodded. Raizel carried Rael into the house.

Lazark went to follow his brother, but I placed a hand on his shoulder to stop him. "Lazark," I said softly. "Why are you blaming yourself? Rael tripped. It is nobody's fault."

Lazark looked up at me sadly. "I was pushing him too hard. If I had let him catch me, then he wouldn't have fallen."

"That is not your fault. Rael needs to learn to not be so impatient and to make better decisions. Still, he is young, so you cannot blame him either; therefore, no one is at fault." I gave him a dazzling smile.

Lazark shook his head and smirked. "I don't think that is how that works, but okay."

I laughed, throwing my head back. I patted him on the back. "Why don't we go check on Rael and Raizel? I'm sure they are doing something fun." I guided him back into the mansion.

We hadn't made it far into the mansion when a little, blond blur ran up to me. "Aunt, look what I'm making you!" Rael was practically vibrating.

I glanced over Rael's head at the slowly approaching Raizel. His eyes were shining. I squatted down to Rael's height. He showed me a piece of paper with a half-drawn flower on it. "I'm making a flower for you. Uncle Raizel told me you love flowers."

I ruffled his head. "I do love flowers, and I love this one as well. I can't wait to see it finished," I stood up. "Why don't you ask Lazark if he won't draw with you as well?"

Rael jumped up and down. "Can't we all draw? You, me, Lazark, and Uncle Raizel? Please?" Rael used the puppy dog eyes that I could never say no to.

"Well, if you can get Uncle Raizel to say yes, I don't see why not."

He bounced up to Raizel, tugging on his shirt. "Please, Uncle Raziel."

A smile graced Raizel's face. "Come along." He held out his hand, and Rael latched onto it. They walked off to the sitting room, where we had a table just for the boys. I slung my arm around Lazark's shoulders as we followed them.

Frankenstein and Ragya found us a while later at the large oak table, surrounded by paper, crayons, and laughter.