Chapter 21

Thoughts

*Rai-Lin*

To say I was surprised when Frankie walked in with the nobles was an understatement. The children were over again, Raziel and I watching them, when my brother entered. Shinwu was the first one to speak. "How come you guys are here? Sir, what's going on?"

"Oh, they are the children of my acquaintance. They will be staying with me for a while," Frankie answered. Regis had probably attempted to mind control Frankie into doing this, too.

Shinwu was delighted, introducing everyone. I could have murdered him when he said Raziel's full name. I could have brought him back to life and murdered him again when he mentioned that I was Frankie's sister.

Regis's sharp glare turned to me. "You didn't mention you were the chairman's sister during our earlier conversation."

"Oh," I giggled like a schoolgirl, tucking some hair behind my ear. "I don't go around flaunting it because I don't want to be treated different. Unfortunately, these guys are blabbermouths."

I was spared Regis's answer by M walking in. He locked eyes with the nobles before heading into the kitchen. I watched him go. If the nobles were going to find anyone out, it would be him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a long, torturous afternoon, M, Frankie, Raziel, and I stood on top of yet another building. I would have complained, but I kinda liked it. The night air was cool, and we had a great view. Besides, we were watching the nobles.

M spoke up from behind us. "Why are you tailing them? They're not one of you?"

"One of us?" I echoed. "Why do you think that?"

"You brought them home, didn't you?" The question was aimed at Frankie.

"Yes, I did, but there were some issues," Frankie put his chin in his hand. "I had to keep an eye on them."

"That's not the reason I thought you were colleagues," Silence greeted M's statement. "If I'm not wrong, they are noblesse."

I laughed quietly as Frankie's eyes were slits. "Noblesse?"

"They call themselves royalty and refer to themselves as Noblesse. The vampires." M said.

Frankie stared at M. "I see...so they call themselves Noblesse these days?"

Frankie and I looked at the sad figure of Raziel. I took Raziel's hand in mine and squeezed.

"You must be a noblesse as well," M's voice was soft.

I blocked out the conversation, instead focusing on Raziel. I rubbed small circles in the back of his hand, something I knew he liked. It hurts my heart to see you so sad. I thought.

Do not worry about me. I will be all right.

I am your wife. It is my job to worry about you. I leaned my head on his shoulder.

Just don't worry yourself too much. It isn't healthy.

Who's worrying now? I teased. The smallest of smiles graced his lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was walking with Shinwu, a rarity, but he had insisted on going out at night. I didn't like the thought of him going out at night with the nobles around, so I joined him. We were chatting about this and that when we noticed a commotion up ahead with a bunch of men harassing the two silver haired nobles.