Chapter 18

Thoughts

*Rai-Lin*

M-21 was getting his ass kicked. The vampire was egging him on, making it hard for M-21 to think. That and there was a huge power gap between them. Every nerve in my body was singing. Protect. Protect. Protect.

M-21 was badly beaten and about to be finished off when I felt Raziel's presence disappear from beside me only to reappear in front of M-21. Raziel had his hand lightly on the vampire's hand. "Don't get me wrong," Raziel said to M-21. "I'm only doing this because I knew Rai-Lin would get involved, and I didn't want her hurt."

"Raziel," I reproached him. "What a thing to say."

He ignored me in favor of using his power. I went to protest but as quickly as it came, the power was gone. "You are not weak," Raziel said to M-21. "The source of your power is not light. You want to check it out?" Raziel reached out, took some of M-21's blood, and rubbed it on his lip.

The power output from M-21 increased dramatically. "Open your eyes," Raziel said. Suddenly, M-21 transformed into a...werewolf. "That is the power inside you. Show it to your enemy. Show him who you really are." M-21 pounced.

I crossed my arms and watched as M-21 decimated the vampire. It was impressive, truly impressive, though I was a bit sad that I wasn't the one who got to the kill the pathetic creature. I watched as M-21 came back to himself, shrink until he was normal sized again. He stood there in shock before glancing over at Raziel. "I got that power from a deal I made with you?" M-21 asked. His eyes were downcast. "Then, I should serve you as my master now."

"I don't know what you're talking about. I haven't made a deal with you." Raziel said almost coldly. I walked up to him and put a hand on his shoulder.

"What he means to say is that it was your subconscious power. It's the source of your power and the power hidden inside you. He just showed you the power though your blood," I explained much nicer than Raziel, whose shoulder I had in a death grip.

"That power was inside me?" M-21 seemed to be having trouble coming to terms with what had happened.

"Whether you can find that power again it totally up to your will," Raziel's voice was less hostile this time. He had obviously gotten my message, not that I thought he was being this way on purpose. He just was out of practice on his civility.

Frankie touched down behind us. "Master, I'm sorry. I lost Crombell," Frankie took in the huge crater left my M-21 with confusion. "Master, are you okay?"

"No need to worry. I only showed him his own power," Raziel looked at Frankie's hurt arm. "Are you okay?"

"Oh," Frankie hid his arm. "I'm okay, Master. I'm already healed. Humans must have accomplished more than expected. Even I didn't expect this much."

"Now I know why humans were kept under water," Raziel said.

"Master, we need to get going. People will start to check this building because of the mess." Frankie glanced at M-21.

"We're going back."

Walking over to M-21, I grabbed his arm and gently guided him away from where his answer might have lied had the servers not been damaged. "Come," I said. "Raziel is waiting for you."

"What?" M-21 jolted with surprise.

I giggled. "Are you just going to keep him waiting?"

"R-Right."

Sure that M-21 would follow us now, I took my place by Raziel's side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~