Chapter 19

*Rai-Lin*

We ended up go to see the children a few hours after Raziel. I wasn't keen on going right at that moment, but Frankie wanted to check up on them. They had met M-21 once before, when I wasn't there, where Frankie had introduced him as a friend. I walked beside M-21 now, keeping up a steady stream of chatter. We continued to talk after Frankie went inside of Ikhan's house to check on the children. I didn't particularly feel like playing the happy couple with Raziel right now.

Raziel and Frankie emerged sometime later. It was back to the rooftops again. I stood right on the edge, basking in the sunset's golden glow. I didn't turn my head as Raziel began to speak. "Frankenstein."

"Yes."

"Every time I see, I feel the world has changed a lot," Raziel's tone was melancholy. "Human beings are quite amazing."

"It had been quite a while," Frankie said from his spot behind Raziel.

"The kids have something I do not have."

"Pardon?"

"They said I wouldn't have been lost if I had it," Raziel said, and I laughed. Had he really gotten lost? I could feel Raziel's eyes on me as he continued. "I could call on the way."

"I am sorry. I will get you a phone immediately."

"Hey, Frankie," I said before M-21 could. "M-21 needs one, too. He threw away the ones from earlier because they were being tracked."

"Just advance it from my salary if you don't want to pay for me," M-21 said.

"No, I can't do that. I will buy yours, too." Frankie didn't seem too happy.

I backed away from the edge and threw my arms around Frankie. "Thanks, big brother. You're the best."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I took the day off of school the next day to give M-21 a tour. He took in everything I said as I explained how things worked. The only problem we had was the girls. They were drooling all over him. One even tripped over her feet she was so distracted. I could tell they were making M-21 uncomfortable, so I snapped, "Don't you all have something better to do than to make fools of yourselves?"

All but one of them returned to what they were doing. The one who didn't turned to me. "I thought you were Rai's girlfriend. Does he know you're cheating on him? Don't worry. I'll make Rai mine soon enough."

I snorted. "As if. I'll have you know, Raziel and I are deeply in love. He would never go out with someone like you, someone who likes to steal other girls' boyfriends."

"At least I'm not a slut," she sniffed.

My eyes went blue as my power struggled to come forth without my consent. I started shaking from the strain of keeping it in. M-21 grabbed my arms to hold me back as I tried to rush the girl to beat her face in. Just as I got free, Raziel appeared, blocking my way. He pulled me to him, embracing me. "I can't..." I gasped. "You have to do it."

Raziel leaned down to look into my eyes, using his power to take over my mind. He swept my power back as though it was nothing, and I was myself. The shaking stopped. I clung to his shirtfront. "Raziel, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to."

"I know," he said before turning back to the girls and erasing their memories of seeing my powers. He looked at the girl who had called me a slut. "I'd appreciate if you didn't insult my girlfriend, who I love very much. She is entitled to be friends with whomever she wishes, though this man is a long-time friend of her family. Should I ever hear you talk that way to my girlfriend again, I will not hesitate to report you to the chairman." He grabbed my arm and guided me away.

I stared up at Raziel in awe. It was the most I had heard him talk in a very long time, and it was to defend me. I was honored that he thought I was worthy of that many words.

M-21 followed close behind us. When we were a safe distance away from the girls, Raziel and I stopped. I glanced back at M-21. "I can tell you need to ask questions without entering your mind."

"What was that?" M-21 crossed his arms.

I frowned and looked down. Raziel squeezed my hand. "Sometimes when I get really angry, I lose control of my powers. It's one of the reasons I haven't bothered to visit my brother's school before now. I don't want to hurt anyone," I became even more serious. "While I am thankful that you restrained me, I would recommend not doing it again unless innocents are in danger. You could get seriously hurt. I don't want that."

M-21's eyes widened in shock. "You don't want me hurt?"

"Of course not. Neither does Raziel. You're part of our family now." I smiled at him.

"I have a family," he whispered.