Chapter 5: Everything Will Be Okay...

"Alright, that should do!" Ellie said as she closed her first aid kit after finishing wrapping up Lucas's hand. Lucas looked at the slightly blood-stained bandage and said,

"Thanks."

"So, what caused that bite?"

"A Zorua disguised as a Torchic ran up to me and bit my arm. That's what I was battling earlier."

"Any reason why?"

"No idea. I guess it just wanted to cause trouble, but something about that isn't right. It fought reluctantly. It could have just been trying to act innocent to get in for another attack, I'm not quite sure."

"Well, you probably won't encounter it again, and you have Torchic that'll protect you."

Lucas smiled as Torchic jumped onto his knees and grinned, ready to take on anything standing in Lucas' path. He picked up Torchic from the floor and said,

"Well, there is no point just standing here. We should get moving to Oldale."

Ellie nodded, and just as she got to get up, a sudden quaking ran through the ground. Ellie quickly lost balance, and Mudkip had to sidestep to avoid being crushed. Lucas barely managed to stay stable, and offered a hand to Ellie,

"Are you okay?" he said with a sense of urgency, scared that she had injured herself when she hit the floor. But, Ellie shook her head, took Lucas' hand and said,

"No, I'm fine, luckily. But, I think the more pressing issue is whatever caused that rumbling."

Lucas walked to the exit of the tent, looked around at the surrounding area, and couldn't see anything in particular. Rumbling could still be heard through the floor and alerted him to a location further in the Route. Ellie crawled out and asked,

"Are you going to chase after that rumbling? It might be dangerous."

"But, what if someone got attacked by a Pokemon and needs our help? What if someone is injured or hurt?" Lucas said, and Ellie took a second to consider the possibilities.

"Well, that rumbling was quite powerful, so something probably has happened."

Ellie thought for another second and said with a smile,

"Then, I guess I'll be going with you."

"Glad you're with me." Lucas said with a wide grin as Mudkip hopped out of the tent and took its place beside Ellie. Torchic hopped onto Lucas's shoulder from the safety of his arms and Mudkip took its place beside Ellie, both ready to conquer anything in their path.

"Alright then, let's get started." Lucas said as they both ran into the clearing of the forest, ready to uncover whatever was happening in the distance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zorua was still running from the Pokemon thief that had captured the rest of its family, and the man's resolve proved to be quite incredible. Occasionally, he got impatient and threw out a net to try and capture Zorua, which bought Zorua a few extra seconds if he missed and had to stop to catch it again. But those few seconds were futile when it didn't have any place to go and was no closer to finding the trainers that it met earlier in the day.

It took a right behind an oak tree, and the trainer threw the net at Zorua. The web clamped to the tree, remaining stuck, and Zorua had a few seconds to get a head start. It ran as fast as its stubby legs would allow it to and looked around for the trainers that could be its saving grace. Then, someone appeared out of a large bush, and the blue outfit was recognizable instantly. And then, the Torchic on his shoulder made it even more apparent.