Chapter 78: Reunion and Evolution...

"Moonblast!", Maya cried in an instant, her newly Mega Evolved Gardevoir creating a bright sphere of light, seemingly out of nowhere and throwing it out towards Camerupt. The blast ruptured through the air, making its way over to Camerupt where Courtney quickly countered.

"Zen Headbutt!", she called out, and Camerupt struck its head into the blast, the two being locked in an engagement that left Lucas' jaw wide. The engagement between them lasted a while, in which Lucas had the time to do pretty much whatever he wanted, while Maya and Courtney were far too focused on each other to notice anything else happening. Camerupt broke through the Moonblast, knocking it to the side with a mighty swing of its head, the blast fading into the air. The Eruption Pokemon let out a small huff before stamping its feet, awaiting a command.

"Take Down!", Courtney yelled and Camerupt hit the ground, dashing straight forwards with its head plunged and ready to bash straight into Gardevoir. Maya recalled her hand for a second, then thrust it out, commanding, "Protect!"

Gardevoir cried as it formed a white invisible barrier in front of itself, Camerupt crashing against the barrier with the force of a truck. Camerupt ploughed through with a sinister smile, while Gardevoir put all its strength into keeping the barrier against Camerupt's assault. Meanwhile, Lucas realised it was the perfect opportunity. It spoke into Zorua's Pokeball for a second, then released the camouflaged Pokemon out into the open, while Courtney was still distracted by the battle in front. Eventually, after a struggle, Camerupt's head had broken through the barrier, Gardevoir's feet skidding across the floor as it struggled to keep its stable footing. Camerupt was also sent back, Gardevoir having given one final push to the barrier before it fell, preventing Camerupt from starting anything. Courtney grinned and yelled,

"Earth Power!"

Suddenly, rumblings were sent through the earth, the clean floor cracking and shattering into pieces as the vibrations ran along. Then, suddenly, the floor exploded from beneath Gardevoir's feet, like a volcano erupting underneath it. Gardevoir flew into the ceiling, hitting its head against the tiling and falling back down. It took a second to readjust, but Camerupt wanted to capitalize on even that normally meaningless second while Gardevoir didn't have its defences up. But, it was stopped, suddenly, by a ferocious Vibrava, striking it from the left just where it had been almost buried by the Earth Power. The Dragon Rush, while not powerful enough to hurt the behemoth, certainly provided enough time for Gardevoir to get up from the floor, and get ready for a counterstrike.

"Remove that pest!", Courtney yelled, with Camerupt instantly rushing down at Vibrava while it was deemed vulnerable. But, it had left itself open again, with Maya quickly shouting,

"Psyshock!"

Psychic fragments appeared around Camerupt, like shards of an enchanted mirror. The reflection dazzled from the rest of the room in the shine of the Psyshock, as the fragments drove suddenly into Camerupt's body, finally dealing the first good blow on Mega Camerupt. Lucas did a small fist pump, but aware that Vibrava was still in danger, returned it to its Pokeball and got ready to select his next.

"Breloom, I choose you!"

Breloom bounced out of its Pokeball, scanning its surroundings then quickly leaping away from an Earth Power, done in retaliation for Vibrava's attack. But, with how springy Breloom was, it easily manoeuvred around the Earth Power and landed again, ready to fight.

"Mach Punch!", Lucas yelled, and Breloom sprang forwards like a bullet, striking fast and smoothly right into Camerupt's cheek. Then, it quickly ducked away to avoid a counterattack, much to Courtney's annoyance.

"Take Down!", the admin cried and Camerupt bulldozed through head first. But, Breloom just leapt over the attack, leading Camerupt right into the brunt of one of Mega Gardevoir's attacks.