Chapter 32: The Flames Flicker...

Quick note before we start: This is a commission of Lucas I got done from  and I totally forgot to mention them or show off the art. So, I'll do that now and say please follow them if you're not already. They make amazing art and they're also starting a new book which you should go and read. Now, with that said, let's get back to the story!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"One final blow! Headbutt!"

Shroomish burst along the battlefield, running at top speed towards the wounded Ralts. Lucas stood with a smile on his face as Shroomish ran forwards. Ellie looked at Shroomish and responded quickly,

"Hold it in place with Confusion!"

Ralts shook off a previous blow and gathered all of its psychic power, thrusting it at Shroomish. Shroomish was held in place by the Confusion, scrambling to be free by wiggling about.

"Leech Seed!", Lucas called from behind and Shroomish spat a random number of seeds, with little accuracy. But, one managed to stick to Ralts and grow a vine, pulling Ralts down to the ground. Shroomish broke from the confusion and ran along, bashing its head into Ralts and sending it flying into a tree. Ralts skidded to the ground, with swirls taking over its pupils. Lucas clapped for Shroomish as it hopped up and down. Ellie quickly collected Ralts, singing its praises about the battle, then returned it to its Pokeball. Lucas did the same for Shroomish.

"So, I think that every one has faced off against everyone, right?", Ellie asked Lucas and he pondered the thought. He couldn't remember any battle that they both hadn't done. Zorua, Shroomish and Torchic all faced off against Ralts, mostly managing to win. However, when Zorua and Shroomish went against Mudkip, they couldn't win either. However, it made Lucas more eager to try and find a way they could defeat Mudkip.

The sun had started to set on a beautiful day, setting a dark shadow over the forest. Ellie looked at the passing sun and the approaching moon. It was likely that they would have only one more battle before it became dark. Ellie grabbed Mudkip's Pokeball, holding it between her two fingers and asking,

"Well, how about a rematch? Mudkip vs Torchic?"

"Alright then, sure.", Lucas said as he looked between two Pokeballs before settling upon one. They both took paces back from the centre of the battlefield, finding themselves in a marked area for the trainers to stand. Ellie flicked her hair back, and then threw out the Pokeball high into the air.

"Let's show them what we can do, Mudkip!"

"I choose you, Torchic!"

Both Pokemon popped out of their Pokeballs and landed solidly on the ground, staring at each other and trying to intimidate the other before the battle had even started. Nothing worked, however. They both weren't giving up either way.

"Alright, let's start with a Tackle!"

Mudkip grazed its feet against the ground and bounced along the battlefield, hopping from side to side. Torchic got ready to counterattack, and Lucas yelled out just as Mudkip made it over the midsection of the battlefield.

"Alright, rush at Mudkip!"

Torchic hopped along the grassy floor, approaching from the air as it bounced up and then pounded downwards with its claws. Both attacks were equally matched until Lucas yelled,

"Fury Swipes!"

Ellie's eyes went wide in shock as Torchic spun around, revealing its true form. It then threw many a blow at Mudkip, driving it back across the battlefield with scratches all over its body. Lucas smiled and shouted at Ellie,