Chapter 77: Charge of the Light Brigade...

The kids disappeared into the vents, and now the adults immediately grabbed a Pokeball, throwing it out and releasing it to the world. Pretty much all of them sent out their most powerful Pokemon first, although a few waited to reveal their strongest. First, the gym leaders. Roxanne sent out her Probopass. Flannery with her signature burning hot Torkoal. Brawly sent out his Hariyama, tall imposing and ready to lay down a beating, then came Seijo with his Crobat. Alburz and Eryl both sent out their Morpeko and Golem, as they didn't really have a choice in the matter. After all, they only held one Pokemon. Then, Brendan and May started off with some of their lighter Pokemon, a Swellow for Brendan while May opted to use Aggron. Then, Lucas's mom used her partner, a Gardevoir. Lastly, of course, was Night, with the strength of half of Petalburg. He almost matched everyone else's strength just in sheer numbers. And, it also helped that some of those Pokemon happened to be Slaking.

Bolt listened through the watches, waiting for the go to launch the attack. And, as soon as Lucas gave them the go-ahead, Bolt opened the door and yelled,

"Attack!"

Suddenly, the grunts guarding the doors found themselves unable to even draw their Pokemon. The attack was so abrupt that they were thrown to the ground in an instant, by all sorts of Pokemon. But, as the first wave of four were disposed of very quickly, knocked out or just made to be unable to be of any real danger, another eight came around the corner within an instant, drawing their Pokemon and preparing to fight. But, a fight was all that they were prepared for. Not the fight of their lives.

"Morpeko, Aura Wheel!"

"Golem, Rock Slide!"

"Aggron, Stone Edge!"

"Swellow, Brave Bird!"

Within one attack, four Pokemon had already been taken down cleanly, as Swellow swooped down and sniped a Machoke, Morpeko shocked a Tentacruel into fainting, and Golem and Aggron both took down a Houndoom and a Houndour respectively. The other grunts were ready to attack. A Wailmer, Mightyena, Numel and a Pangoro. Each of them rushed forwards with a thirst for blood.

"Wailmer, Water Spout!"

"Mightyena, Take Down!"

"Numel, Flamethrower!"

"Pangoro, Hammer Arm!"

All of the Pokemon struck forwards suddenly, only to find their attacks smashing against an invisible wall, protecting all of the Pokemon from any sort of harm. The trainers watched in awe, as Gardervoir disabled the Protect.

"Moonblast!", Lucas' mom yelled suddenly, vengeance in her voice as the concentrated blast knocked the four Pokemon into the wall, instantly fainting as they hit the wall or floor. The grunts watched in awe, then quickly ran like cowards, completely petrified of Gardevoir. Bolt chuckled, looking at her and saying,

"Damn, Maya, you really have to one-up everyone here, huh?"

"Don't mention it. Let's move on.", she spoke briskly as they continued moving through the building, with the other trainers taking the lead this time to get a little piece of the action.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Courtney.

She'd have normally been noticeable for her Team Magma outfit. But, clearly, she'd had a rework in her design. She still kept the pale face, purple eyes and hair as well as the two horns peeking out of her hood. But, everything else was completely different. The stripes over her chest, previously embroidered with Team Magma's logo, now were sewn with Team Storm's logo, as well as being a clear white with only slight black rims. The red clothing underneath was replaced with a bright sort of turquoise colour. It was so different to how she normally dressed, back when she was one of the highest-ranking members of Team Magma. Yet, she wore it proudly, with no regard for her past life. A sinister smile, a lack of life behind the eyes, or a jolt of life that was intrusive and borderline psychopathic. She was...an odd one that's for sure. Even, in the way that she moved. Sometimes, her limbs completely froze, then juddered to life in an instant for some purpose. But, never just for the sake of doing nothing. Always for a purpose.