Rethink this whole caring thing

~Frank~

"Hey dickhead", that familiar Jersey accent came through the phone, causing me to smile... again... you know I feel like I'm gonna have to rethink this whole caring thing it's kinda getting out of hand.

"Hey, when are you getting out?" I whispered and he told me about how he had been told he'd only be there another day or two but wouldn't be able to visit 'till the third day as he had no way of getting to the hospital when he got back, not until the weekend anyway.

I had found out that I would be in here for approximately five to ten days. My condition has improved however my breathing was still laboured and I wasn't quite ready for a crutch full-time yet.

The conversation with Gerard could have gone on hours and it might have, it was a case of us talking about the weather and then being cut off by a nurse, let's be honest the weather is a last resort when it comes to conversation unless it's to do with the apocalypse happening in your backyard.

When Gerard was forced to hang up I found myself bored with nothing to do, I would look to each corner of the room multiple times expecting to find some form of entertainment. But from the three remaining corners I found no guitar, no computer and no Gerard. They did however have a TV that seemed to play nothing but old reruns of friends, British soap operas and old Cartoon Network programmes which I had less than a problem with. Basically my next few days seemed to possibly go as follows; watch the powerpuff girls and friends till I got hungry or needed to piss, get a visitor, get a check up, check my phone and repeat. Sleeping in this place would be a chore and I never did mine.