Content with now

~Frank~

Precisely 71 hours and 43 minutes after I talked to Gerard he was out and home and now he was visiting. Though seeing as I myself am still being intensely cared for (or so they fucking say I haven't gotten pain killers in two days) visiting time was about two hours long.

When he walked in he waved sheepishly and a small smile appeared on his lips where as I at the sight of this held myself back from grinning. "Du-fag man how're you feeling?" I asked, slipping up but not caring at this point. He muttered a "fine" and walked over to me now completely focusing on my bandages. "Jeez..." he trailed his fingers along the cast on my leg examining the texture and then looked up to my face. I had gotten up one time and it was a mistake but I got to see my reflection. I had no bad injuries on my head, depending on what you'd put under that term. I had one cut that was extremely close to hitting my temple but just not close enough, a small cut near my eye and a heavy patch of grazing on my bottom left cheek. When he saw these his eyes widened a little and asked if they hurt, my response was no but when he touched them I winced and he immediately recoiled.

"Sorry" his voice was timid and frankly quite adorable, but when I let out a breathy laugh he did the same and somehow we just ended up grinning at each other.

Though partially joking when I said, "you should kiss them better", (the grazes quite obviously) he answered with "why not." And as soon as that he was kneeling on the bed beside where I lay, being sure to avoid my ribs and gently pressed his lips to my temple and then to each and every cut, graze and scratch I had, including the one on my lip in which I reacted. I kissed back but not too hard because I mean, this dude was fragile enough. I could deal with the pain and it seemed like he couldn't. Quite frankly I doubt I could anymore but ignoring that fact and ignoring the pain in my ribs I pulled him closer and closer until he was on my chest and I was successfully holding him. I kissed his head and left it at that. For now at least. I could be down to fuck another day but today was different I was tired and stuff I guess. Okay who am I kidding, I really was the cuddly lil thing Andy had often said I was. I could be cute but Gerard was always cute. So I told him.

"Gerard, you're cute."

"Frank, you're beautiful."

I laughed a little and joking said, "well Jesus I would hope so maybe now I'll get a chance to be on RuPaul's Drag Race". Gerard giggled a bit and my smile only grew at the sound of it.

Maybe something terribly wrong would happen and I'd end up dying on this hospital bed but I really wouldn't mind. I'd rather it be in this moment than have to go through loads more shit and after ten years let it get better. I was impatient. I was content with now. I was not content with later.