37 ALL AT THE SAME TIME

Tama nga ang kanyang hinala. From where she stood, Erica could perfectly see the striking profile of the woman in red—Noleen Castillo. Hindi niya malilimot ang mukhang ito dahil naging interesado siya sa direktor nang malamang ito ang pakakasalan ni Alex.

Ngunit dahil hindi pa rin kinukumpirma ng aktor na siya ay kasal, Erica assumed that the two kept their marriage a secret.

Xander, to Erica's knowledge, was reported to have dated different women, but not the director. When reporters try to associate his name with his manager, he answers that their involvement is purely professional plus there had been times when he made fun of the reporter's question and get away with it. Kapag may nagtatanong mula sa Primnoetic Production, ang sagot nila ay malapit talaga si Xander sa mga babae, but the director is different. She's immune to his charms.

Sa papalit-palit at sabay-sabay pa minsan na pakikipagrelasyon ni Xander malayong maisip nila na may relasyon sila ng direktor. No one would've guessed that they were in a relationship. Kung meron man, it doesn't matter at all. Everyone's idea of Xander Marudo has always been a womanizer, but a gentleman at that. Ang mga babae na nakikitang kasama ng aktor ay napupunta sa tatlong kategorya: 1) A new conquest 2) A female friend 3) A fan.

Erica remembered one of Xander's popular interview. No'ng natanong ang binata sa kanyang pambababae, he answered the reporter with a playful grin, "It's hard to look at women and not be attracted." With his good-humored bearing he went on, "Before I let the chance slip, I either ask them to be my friend or beg them to be my girlfriend."

"Has anyone ever rejected you?"

He dramatically clutch at his shirt. "Every rejection leaves a scar in my heart. And I have many of them."

"Nagbibiro ka lang 'di ba? Who would reject you!"

"I told you, every rejection leaves a mark," umakto si Xander na tatanggalin ang pang-ibabaw and suggestively added, "would you like me to show you?"

Seeing that he was serious, the reporter quickly interrupted, "Teka sandali! Please! Don't take that off."

"You do not want to see it then? Very well."

Looking at the composed actor, the reporter reasoned, "I feel like our viewers would like to keep a perfect image of you. It will be a turn off to see your scars!"

"But the scars I meant are in my heart and not on my skin."

From that short stunt, they found the fresh celebrity endearing. A bit playful, but charming. The masses learned to love him. They viewed his affairs as a form of entertainment. Xander knows how to please his women. May ilang nagsabi na kahit ibang male personalities ay nanghihingi kay Xander ng advice.

His shortest relationship only lasted for two weeks, the media sensationalized the whole thing. Pero kung tama ang pagkakaalala ni Erica, it was Xander's partner who broke up with him. Para naman sa mga babaeng iniwanan ng aktor, some kept their mouth shut about the break-up. Others admitted that they were lucky to have had their hearts be broken by him.

Xander's love life was open to public at hindi na siya nawalan nito—the exact opposite of Noleen Castillo who kept her life a little private. Ang tanging balita na nasangkot ang pangalan ay puro tungkol sa kanyang pagiging matagumpay na direktor at ang kanyang buhay sa industriya.

That's why for Erica, it was startling to find the pair pretty intimate with each other. The scene feels one-sided though. It was the 'great miss' who threw herself completely at Xander.

However, she was more stunned to see Xander in that kind of condition. His hands were tightly fisted on his sides, his dark eyes seemed lost, his expression tormented.