Chapter 12: "We Need to Talk."

Two Year's later:

JEN

The guard pushed me again making me hold my hands out and catch myself before hitting my face on the ground.

I groaned and massaged my weak arms. They couldn't take it anymore. I sighed as I got up but went tumbling down again when a pack mate shoved me to the floor, their laughter echoing in the hallway as they ran whispering things about me.

Just 2 years ago, I had a plan. I was going to take down my mate and I thought it was working but then he told me he knew. He knew what I was planning and I just lost. I lost and now, I don't know what to do.

All that pretending to be a victim, the scared mate, the omega, turned all that pretending into reality.

I had truly hit rock bottom a year and a half ago, 6 months after I found out that my mate knew what I was planning. Those 6 months had turned into hell.

Pack members had slowly started to treat me worse, even more worse than they already did. Me being me, I stood up for myself. I wasn't going to let a bunch of people bully me and then let them get away with it! It wasn't me. But then, It went from worse to horrible.

Before, it was just knocking stuff out of my hands and tripping me on purpose and they got a good laugh out of it. Then, it slowly started with hitting me, biting me, crushing me. Literally, crushing me! I would be sleeping and group of teenagers would barge into my room and just start to jump on the bed not caring if they stepped on my arm or leg or even my face.

I don't know when was the point that I just stopped defending myself. It just sort of happened.

Now, everyday after I made dinner, I was escorted upstairs to my room where I would 'sleep' with no food. The guard that escorted me would pat me down to see if I had stolen any food or anything else. The only reason they started to do that was because I was caught when I had done it. My mate, Shawn, had come into the kitchen while I was supposed to be washing the dishes but instead he found me stuffing a packet of crackers in my pocket.

Flashback

The crackers I was stuffing in my pocket fell when I heard an accusing voice.

"What do you think you're doing?" It was Shawn. I wasn't allowed to look him in the eyes anymore, I don't know why but he had commanded it. Once, when I had tears in my eyes and had looked up to his face, he looked away angrily and commanded it. Ever since then, he doesn't like it when I look at him.

"N-nothing Alpha. I was just putting away the inventory." I was disgusted with myself. How did I let it get this far?

"I saw you about to take those crackers! What did I tell you about eating? You can only do it when I allow it and I didn't allow you to eat!"

I just stood their quietly not wanting to upset him further.

"What else are you hiding? Are you hiding more food?" He questioned me.

"No s-sir, I promise." Oh my God, I don't want to get punished for this.

"GUARDS!" He yelled all of a sudden making me jump.

Two guards popped their head into the kitchen. "Yes, Alpha?"

"I need you to strip search Miss Jennifer here." He said in a bored voice.

"What?" Strip search?

The two guards made their way towards me and I jumped back in fright, whimpering. This cannot be happening. I shook my head to get away from this nightmare but I wasn't waking up.