Chapter 21: Lies and Betrayals

JEN

My feet stung as I ran, making me wince in pain with every step I took. I looked down at them to see blood painted from my toes to my soles.

I needed a break from running. It's only been 15 minutes since I started but I was dying from exhaustion. Being a human sucked ass. My sides hurt and I desperately needed some water but did I stop? Nope! I kept running trying to get away from my mate.

Yes, he was still my mate. I guess being a human didn't change how I felt. I thought it did when I felt all that hate but the second I looked into those gorgeous dark blue eyes I forgot everything. I almost felt numb.

I also knew how to get him back. The plan formed in my mind 15 minutes ago when I first started to run. Yes, all my plans seemed to freaken fail but I had a good feeling about this one. Mostly because I wanted to see the man with the dark blue eyes again and this time nothing was going to stop me.

I got home faster than I expected. Banging the front door open, I ran past the living room and straight up the stairs, not even noticing all my pack members sitting in the living room probably waiting for me to return.

I heard them follow me into Nathan's room because that's where my suitcase was. "Jen! Where did you go? It's been 7 hours since you left!" I looked out the window and saw that it was completely dark out. Damnit! My eye sight was gonna be a bitch.

I looked down at my clothes, which were pajama pants and a t-shirt and went to change them when someone cleared their throat.

"Jennifer! What happened?" Zander asked as he squeezed my shoulder. I turned around to find him worried.

"I saw him Zander. I saw Shawn." Zander growled in anger at the mention of his name.

"Zander I talked to him. I talked to Shawn. The real Shawn." I grabbed his shoulder in happiness.

"What do you mean?" Asked Nathan looking at me like I was crazy.

"No time to explain. Shawn is coming, I can feel it." I went to take off my shirt when I blushed. "Um...could you guys turn around or something?"

Zander turned tomato red and scratched his neck. "Oh, haha yeah."

I changed out of my shirt and pajama pants and changed into some jeans and into a cleaner T-shirt. I didn't have time to clean my feet so I just shoved them into my sneakers.

"Nathan! I need the knife!"

Without saying anything, Nathan dug around his nightstand before taking out the long knife covered in a cloth.

He handed it to me with a curious look in his eye. I unwrapped the knife and everyone instantly jumped away from the lethal weapon, hissing like a pair of vampires.

"Jen! You'll burn yourself! What are you doing!" Hissed Aimee.

"Calm down Aimee. I'm human, it doesn't affect me anymore." I touched the tip of the knife feeling nothing. "See?" I hid the knife under my shirt and went downstairs.

It was a platinum knife that was embedded with wolfsbane. Wolfsbane was lethal but if mixed with platinum, then shit, it could destroy our race altogether. Zander and I traveled the continent of Asia looking for the knife when we found out it was actually in New Zealand in a small town called Waitangi. After a long fight with the local werewolves who were protecting the knife, we finally got it and I finally got my chance to save Shawn.