Chapter 11: "I'll Be Ready For You."

JEN

"Where were you?!" He spat at me. His dark eyes lightening by the minute.

Normally I would have stood my ground but this time I flinched back.

"I-I-I went t-to get my s-stuff." Believe me, I hated stuttering.

"Did you ask me? Did you ask me to leave this pack house?!" Why is he angry? I basically begged him to let me stay? Why would I run away now? Bi-polar dumbass.

"I had no c-clothes and I needed to s-shower." I think I should have been an actress with the way I was acting. Shit, I was good.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "Next time you go somewhere, you tell me! Understand! I was so wo-". He cut himself off before he could finish the sentence but he didn't need to because I already knew what he was going to say.

My heart started to pound in my chest as I felt an unfamiliar feeling. He was worried. Worried for me? But why? I thought he hated me! No, I hated him so it didn't matter if he hates me, he hurt me and he will pay for it.

I couldn't let myself get pulled into every little thing I felt towards him. It was just the mate bond's pull and nothing else. I could never like this man let alone love him.

I hung my head low and apologized...again.

When he didn't say anything I looked up. His eyes darkened with rage as he stared at me longer. I've noticed that whenever douchy Shawn makes an appearance, his eyes get darker but when he's 'worrying' about me they seem to be lighter. They were still black, but when they lighten, they turn into this dark brown.

I was too focused thinking about his eyes that I didn't notice his hand come towards my face. I flinched and squeezed my eyes shut waiting for the pain to hit my face but nothing came. I opened my eyes to see his hand frozen in the air only a few inches away from my face.

He stopped. A look of confusion hit his face and he brought his hand closer to himself and inspected it. It was like he was looking to see if it was defected. What's wrong with him?

Without another look in my direction, he left out the door mumbling something to himself.

I wonder about that man's sanity sometimes. Before, it looked like he would have killed me and not given a shit about me and now, he was worried when I was barley 2 minutes away?

Tightening my grip on my stuff I started to make my way upstairs.

It didn't matter if he cared now! He hurt me and I will not be treated that way! I am an Alpha and I deserve respect even from him, especially from him.

I turned the corner to my "room" and reached for the handle when I stopped. I sniffed the air only to be met by a strong scent. Someone was in my room. I dropped the stuff to the floor and stretched my muscles. Someone wants to die today.

Opening the door with a bang, I leaped inside to be immediately met by a lady who had her hand on her heart with a startled expression.

I've never seen her before so she must be from the new pack. Without breaking eye contact, I asked her who she was. "Who are you and what do you want?." I kept my expression bored and uninterested even though I was interested to know who she was.

She seemed like a powerful lady, not to mention she looked like my mate I mean, my jerk. Damn it! I mean, the jerk.

She must be his mother! Or his aunt?

She cleared her throat which brought me out of my thoughts, focusing my attention to her.

"Hello, dear." She said with a polite nod.