Chapter 18: Jerk's, They're Everywhere.

JEN

A year ago, I would have never looked in the mirror and liked what I saw. I felt pretty proud of myself for training as hard as I did. Not only did I gain muscle, I gained confidence, the knowledge to kick ass and I had gained a family. I had been officially accepted into the warrior pack.

Everyday for the past year, they supported me throughout my training always reminding me why I'm doing it in the first place.

Zander was by far my favorite person in the whole pack, not that anyone actually knew that. Aimee would kill me if she ever found out that that's how I felt. 

A year later, I planned, and researched everything I could find to help my mate. Zander was by my side the entire time. Nothing happened between us, even though I knew he wanted something to happen but I had told him the first time he tried to kiss me that I had a mate. A mate that hated me but a mate non-the-less.

I promised myself that when I would see Shawn again, I would take my feelings aside and follow what the ancient book had said to do to get Shawn's human side back. I would be emotionless so I could carry out my plan with no imperfections.

And yet here I was, looking down at the most handsome man I had ever seen bawling my eyes out because I had killed him.

"SHAWN!" I shook him again for the hundredth time hoping that this time I would get some kind of response.

Zander burst through the door scaring me. I looked at him through my blurred vision blubbering like a baby. "Z-zander h-e won't wake u-up."

He immediately frowned and checked Shawn's pulse and gave me a pointed look.

"He's fine Jen. I can't believe you let yourself get vulnerable after we explained to you to not get so emotional." He said pissing me off.

I stomped out the door calling someone for help.

Carter came around the corner smiling at me even though I had yet to return it.

"Move him to the hospital and make sure Sharry knows what she's doing otherwise you can tell her to deal with me if anything happens to him."

I contemplated going back into the room and telling Zander off but decided against it and went to my room instead.

Zander and I literally watched Shawn torture people as we spied on him for a full week. We had contacted Carter almost a month ago, forming a plan to take Shawn down. First Carter would go on non-stop about this new warrior who was being declared as the strongest wolf and knowing Shawn, he would immediately dislike the fact that someone was beating him. First was his ego, then it was his strength but everything went to crap when I decided to help that couple that Shawn had condemned to die.

We had made ourselves known to his pack so we had to do some quick thinking and then BAM! The same chick who had been sobbing over her mate looked at us with revenge in her eyes and suggested we use chloroform mixed with wolfsbane. A lethal combination for a wolf. It could knock any wolf down within seconds even though it took two tries to put down Shawn. It hurt me to see him like that but I knew it was for the best.

Zander was right, I was letting my emotions get in the way of the plan but I couldn't help it, seeing my mate after so long and seeing him look at me without hatred even for just a second made me forget the reason why I was doing it to him in the first place.

*****

That night I tossed and turned because I couldn't help feeling worried about Shawn so I decided to see him.

I got out of bed and opened my door peaking into the hall. It seemed like Zander was still awake because of the light I saw under his door. I slowly inched past his door not making a sound. I don't want him knowing I went to see Shawn or I will never hear the end of it.

When I reached the hospital, I snuck past the front desk and took a deep breath, instantly locating where he was.

As I made my way to his room I had second thoughts about seeing him but I knew I wouldn't sleep if I didn't see him. So with as much courage as I could muster up, I opened his door.

I instantly zeroed in on him, laying on the bed with his eyes closed. I was about to close the door when I heard voices coming closer to his room and instantly closed the door and hid in the bathroom. When minutes passed by, I opened the door to the bathroom and ran to the room door slowly opening it and checking to see if it was clear.

I let out a sigh of relief and turned around to see Shawn but then saw that he wasn't in the bed. Gasping, I looked around the room freaking out.

"Shawn!" I whispered. Where could he be? I dont why I thought he would be under the bed but I checked anyways. "Shawn! Where are you?!"

"Jen..." My heart jumped and I immediately sprung up from the ground. My wide eyes locked onto his black soul-less eyes which surprisingly had no hate in them. But what really almost knocked me on my ass was the fact that he said my name. I instantly melted the minute he said it.

I looked at him with my mouth hanging open trying to comprehend if I heard him right.

"Wha...?"

He sauntered forward giving me a look that made my insides jump up and down . I stepped back trying to get my emotions in check and he smirked.

I gasped when he was an inch away and then he slowly came closer to my face.

I held in my breath afraid to breath. He bent down towards my neck and took a deep breath making me shiver in fear and delight. The only other time I've been this close to him was the day I hit him in the face so basically, more than three years ago.

I never really felt the need of touch until right this second and all I wanted for him to do was kiss me. Without realizing what I was doing, I moved towards his lips. I closed my eyes and wished I had more self control.

Before I even knew what was happening he pushed me into the wall. I opened my eyes to see him so close to me I could lick his nose.

I don't think he wants to kiss me because if he did then he would have done it already so I was about to move away when he brought his arm up blocking my way so I turned the other and he blocked it to caging me in between the wall and his muscular chest.

I started to hyperventalate. Just kiss me already!

And at the last thought, his lips slammed onto mine.

I gasped but soon enough my lips moved rhythmically with his making me moan. I wrapped my arms around his neck going in deeper.

He pushed me onto to something softer and I opened my legs to get him closer to me. I moved again, enjoying the taste of his mouth, wanting to stay in this position forever. I opened my eyes as he went to nibble at my ear. I felt a little pinch on my neck but then I felt the hot lick of his tongue and then he did something that almost made me go crazy. He rubbed against me, dry humping me.

I wasn't ready for this? Was I? Of course I wasn't! Did I forget the whole reason I was here? I was here to save him! Not mate with him! What was I doing! I struggled to get his heavy body off of me realizing my mistake but he wouldn't budge.

"Shawn, get off." But he wouldn't move and I started to panic. "Shawn! Stop it! I said to get off right n-"

He cut me off by planting his mouth on mine a little strongly than before. I squirmed underneath him trying to get him off but I couldn't. I don't know why I was having trouble getting him off, I shouldn't be, I mean I was way stronger than what I was showing right now.

His hand creeped under my shirt making me go still. He wouldn't dare. Then...he cupped my breast.

I was so fast, I gave myself whiplash. With one movement, I threw him off of me and he slammed onto the ground. Then I got up and pushed my shirt down, angry he would do that to me when I clearly didn't want to.

"What is your deal you jerk! When I say stop, it means stop!" I was huffing with anger.

I turned to leave but was startled when I heard him growling. I froze mid-way of turning the knob and turned around.

Shawn's very angry gray wolf snarled at me making me flinch back in fear. And the next thing I know, he charged at me with the speed even a werewolf couldn't see.