Chapter 6: Go Away Feelings!

JEN

"Damn it Michael! Stop moving so much!" I yelled at him as he walked faster to get to the pack house.

Why! Why did my grandpa build the prison so far away from the pack house!

I was sweating bullets by the time we reached the front door.
Michael opened the door and charged right in.

I put my foot down making him stop walking so fast. "Michael! Stop it! Why are you rushing me!"

He sighed. "Sorry. It's just that I'm nervous! I've heard stories about this Alpha and I know your not in your best condition. I avoided him since he got here and now I'm worried!"

I smiled at his nervousness. Awww, he cares. I blushed at the thought.

Michael was always my favorite guard, mostly because he was near my age making him 21 years old. He was always the most compassionate and I sort of had a crush on him when I was younger but didn't want to go out with him because he was already 18 and he was supposed to find his mate but he never did. I've always wondered why he never found his mate?

"Don't worry Michael! I'm just going to talk to him! Besides, I've never seen him before. I'm sure he won't be that bad." I lied trying to ease his nerves.

Michael scoffed. "Oh, he's an asshole. You know, the day he came to this pack, he went to see you in the cells. He saw you and then he just froze. It was like he was in a trance. But then, he laughed! Laughed like a freaken hyena! He then said, 'This? This is who I'm supposed to be afraid of? She won't be a problem.' And then left you on the floor." Michael seemed to be seething in rage.

"Why didn't you leave the pack like most of the members? I mean, when you had heard what a cruel man he was, why didn't you just leave?" I asked wondering.

"Because...I couldn't leave the rest of the members unprotected and I-I um...couldn't leave you." He said blushing.

Whoa.

"Oh. Um...Thank you for being so kind....Yeah. Um...we should see him now." STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!

I just thanked him! I could have told him that I was glad that he stayed for me because I would have been sad if he left!

I was keeping myself from swooning. OMG! He likes me too!

I almost giggled but then decided to get down to business.

I pointed towards the stairs and went to climb them but then I realized it would take me hours just to get to the second floor and I need to get to the sixth! I groaned.

"If you give me permission, I can carry you up the stairs?" Michael suggested.

I sighed. "Alright." I said as I opened my arms.

I blushed the whole time. My stupid cheeks were so hot it was ridiculous!

Go away feelings! Go away! He's not my mate so I shouldn't be having these feelings. They were wrong and we could hurt each other.

We reached the sixth floor and I basically jumped out of his arms, stumbling, of course.

"Whoa! Watch out." Michael caught me before I could fall to the floor.

I blushed even more if that was even possible.

"Thanks."

I cleared my throat, trying to keep myself from throwing up because of my nerves. I stood in front of the office door and inhaled. Yup, someone was in there. I turned the knob and limped into the office to be greeted with...nothing. Wow. I could have sworn I felt somebody in here.

In fact, the smell was fresh.

I narrowed my eyes and focused around the room and then deeply inhaled. Nothing. Whatever I had smelled isn't in here anymore. I couldn't exactly pinpoint the smell either. It was as if someone had tried to cover their scent.

"What's up?" Michael asked.

"You didn't smell that? Like at all?" He shook his head indicating that he didn't.

I frowned. "Okay, well I guess we can find him somewhere else."

Michael stared at me. "What? Is something on my face!" I asked trying to wipe it off.

He grabbed my hand and kissed it. I blushed and ripped my hand away.

"Um..." I didn't have any words but continued to blush. No guy has ever touched, let alone kiss any part of my body!

Michael's eyes widened when he realized what had happened.

"Let's just go. Okay?." I said still kind of surprised.

Without another word, Michael led me out the door and out the pack house. But I could see a hint of blush in his cheeks which sent my heart to flutter at the sight.