Chapter 29: The Decider's of Fate

SHAWN

"Well isn't that cute?"

Jennifer, squeezed my hand tighter and I squeezed back. I knew exactly what she was thinking. We were both human, both caught, and both each others weaknesses.

I don't doubt we will die today. I will gladly die if it meant saving Jennifer. Maybe everyone will agree to let my mate go. Maybe they will just want me dead.

Telling Jen everything about my past made me feel closer to her in every way possible. I've never told anyone what happened and I probably never will.

Even after the way I treated her, well he treated her, the way I lied to her, she still trusted me. She still cared about me. She still felt pain when I felt pain.

I don't know what I did to deserve this women but I will forever be grateful I got her. I will do whatever is necessary to make sure she lives even if it means killing myself in the process.

"Keys, Michael." Said Gray, Jen's father, with a crooked smile that reminded me of the sick bastard I had called uncle.

As soon as our doors unlocked I took Jen's hand again, holding it tight.

Michael stared at me with a sort of sadistic smirk. I don't know why, I don't even know him.

But then his eyes slid over to Jen and a look of pure lust took over. I immediately stood in front of her blocking any view from his shameless eyes. I bared my teeth like a wolf, challenging him to get closer. It was a bad idea considering he can flick me with his wrist and I can be dead.

A small hand gripped my shoulder giving it a squeeze. "It's okay, Shawn."

I still didn't move from my spot.

Gray unblocked the exit to give us room to come out but I stayed rooted to the spot.

"Move it King, I don't have all day." He muttered looking bored.

Michael nudged my shoulder and I almost cried from the pain that traveled all the way to my toes. A tiny gasp escaped my mouth making Jen look at me with concern.

"Shawn? Are you okay?" She grabbed my shoulder, the SAME goddamn shoulder. I gave her a tight smile. "I'm good." I said through clenched teeth not sounding good at all. Stupid fucken knife. Stupid fucken Nathan and his stupid fucken face.

I looked at Micheal who stared at me with a grin that stretched his face.

I walked forward, a little creeped out, dragging Jen with me.

Sunlight hit my eyes almost blinding me. After a couple of seconds my eyes focused and all around me were my pack members, standing, staring, judging. I inflated my chest and tried to look as strong as I was but everyone knew. Everyone knew what I was and I for sure knew I was going to die.

The look of complete anger on some of the pack members scared me to my core.

"WEREMEN AND WEREWOMEN! TODAY WE HAVE CAUGHT OUR NUMBER ONE THREAT AGAINST OUR PACK'S." Gray's voice boomed out around us, getting the attention of everyone in the field. I sighed in relief.

I looked down at Jen to see her hand clenched into a fist as she stared at her father with hate. I couldn't blame her. I hated him to.