Chapter 20: Two Black Holes

JEN

Stretching on my sore feet, I craned my neck looking through the trees trying to see what or who it was.

If I was a werewolf I would have smelt them from a mile away but now I couldn't even smell my own fear.

The shadow of a man fell over mine making me realize how late it was in the day.

The man stepped out of the trees and then the next thing I knew, I was running towards the bastard, blood on my mind.

My hand shot out to hit him in the face but it was caught before I could do any damage. Even though I was a human now, and I was slowing starting to accept it, the werewolf training I used to do, kicked in and I brought out my leg and kicked Shawn in the shin, then I used my elbow to hit him in the nose. Was I done? Nope. Once I was free from his grip on my fist, I used it to punch him in the stomach. Nothing happened of course, he just stood there watching me as I was panting from that pathetic fight.

I guess since I stopped being a werewolf and everything related to being a werewolf was diminished, my mate bond was gone to. All I felt towards this man right now was complete and utter hate. But I did remember the love I felt for him, the love that was always one sided.

And then, I started to laugh. Laughing so uncontrollably that I fell to the ground clutching my stomach. I could see Shawn watching me with confusion in his eyes, and then he started to slowly step back like I was the monster here.

"Stop right there you fucken bastard." I said in a deadly voice.

Shawn looked at me with wide eyes probably wondering about my changing moods. I slowly got up, narrowing my eyes at the asshole who was the love of my life. Well, was supposed to be the love of my life but I guess he never really gave a fuck did he.

He opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off.

"Shut up and listen to me you monster." I sneered at him. Surprisingly, he was quiet. I could see the rage in his eyes though, and also a little curiousness for what I had to say.

"From day one." I said, holding up one finger. "From day one you have tormented me. Did I ever receive a reason? Hmm? Did I? I have no idea what the fuck I ever did to you in the first place!"

I stepped closer to him, getting into his face. "The moment I laid my eyes on you-" I looked down and whispered. "I fell in love with you." Tears formed into my eye's when I thought back to that day. I remembered how he looked at me, how much hate was in his eyes.

I looked at him again, wanting, no, needing him to show some kind of emotion towards me other than hate or disgust.

His face was blank and I smiled sadly.  "Did you ever think of me? You know in the year I was away. Didn't you care about how I was doing? Where I was? Whether I was alive...or dead?" He snapped his eyes towards me at the word dead and growled lowly.

"I wanted so hard to hate you all these years but guess what! I couldn't! Not even when you were so terrible to me! What kind of stupid person does that?" I scoffed wiping my tears away.

"Remember when you kissed me?" I said looking at him again. I grabbed his shirt making it bunch up in my fist. "It was the best kiss of my life. It was so magical that for a second, I thought it was a dream. It was my first kiss." I told him whispering. I let go his shirt and faced my back to him, hugging myself. I felt so vulnerable right now.

"Why did you do it?" I hugged myself tighter, feeling that empty feeling in my chest again. "Why did you kill my wolf?"

He gasped as if he didn't know what he did to me.

I faced him and saw genuine shock written all over his face. He sucked in a breath and widened his eyes when he noticed my smell. My human smell.

I don't know why I felt brave today even though it was the worst day in my life but I touched his face, just a little caress to his cheek. He didn't even flinch from disgust, like how I thought he would.

"I don't feel the sparks anymore like how I used to. You can't feel them anymore can you? I guess you got what you wanted. You don't have a mate anymore."

"You don't have to worry about me being in the way of your success because the only person who could ever love you or even loved you, is dead. You killed half of me Shawn. You tore out my soul." I whimpered in sadness.

"I hope you get everything you've ever wanted."

I passed him about to leave but stopped when his hand grabbed mine.

My heart pounded into my chest but was too sad to be scared right now. I knew he was going to finish what he started.

I sunk to my knees, bowing my head in the process. "Go ahead. I give up. I have nothing to live for anymore."

Depression hit me so hard that I couldn't even think about staying alive to get revenge on him. All I could think about was the fact that I was completely alone now. My mother, brother, friends...mate, were all werewolves and I was the one human.

Silence. Not a word or sound came out his mouth for 2 minutes. Glancing up, I gasped.

His eyes weren't black, they were a dark blue. Beautiful colored eyes. I stood up at the sight. He was still holding my hand but let go when I moved.

"Your eyes." I wondered out loud. "They're blue?" I always assumed his eyes were black, not this incredibly dark blue.

His hand twitched, like he was fighting over the control of it. He lifted it towards my face and I flinched.

He looked at me with sadness and then for the first time since I saw him, he cried. I didn't know if it was from sadness or if he was ashamed but whatever the reason, it shocked me.

"I'm sorry." He whispered so low, I barley caught it with my human ears.

He lowered himself to his knees this time, looking so broken, so vulnerable. I was still looking at him in shock, wondering if I was really dreaming.

He fell on his hands, like he was in pain. He arched his back and dug his nails into the dirt trying to fight something.

I sat with him, holding his shoulders. "What's wrong Shawn?" I don't know why but I still cared. I thought I wouldn't anymore but I did. This feeling to be with him grew stronger as I watched him crying out in pain.

"Get out of here!" He said through clenched teeth. I watched his black eyes battling with his blue eyes. His wolf was demanding control and since it has been in control for so long, it's winning.

"Why did you let him take control?" I asked him before he was gone again.

He gasped in pain ripping the dirt out of the earth. "Because, I can never go back. I can never feel like that again. I can't live in pain." He looked at me with so much love and regret, I couldn't breathe.

"Please you have to go! Go now! I can't control him!" He started to shift but was slowing it down. "I don't want to hurt you again but I can't promise what he will do to you. I'm sorry...Jennifer. My Jen. I'm sorry I couldn't be the mate you wanted me to be."

I touched his cheek but was pushed away.

"I SAID GET OUT OF HERE." I cringed at his voice and looked at the two black holes that were now his eyes and ran.