Chapter 28: Clayton

JEN

"Jennifer. Jennifer. Jennifer."

The quiet chant of my name pulled me out of the darkness. Someone was calling me, trying to wake me up.

I opened my eyes to a dull thud on the side of my head and a dull thud to the side of my face. I grabbed both and groaned. I looked around, looking for the person calling me but all I saw were concrete walls.

It was absolutely freezing, my teeth chattered creating an echoing sound around me. I got up into a sitting position, holding my head in place and wrapped my arms around my body trying to bring back some heat.

"Jennifer." I heard my name again but this time to my left.

"Shawn?" I asked recognizing his beautiful voice.

A sigh of relief was heard through the air. "I was worried you wouldn't wake up for a minute!"

"What happened?" I was still a little disoriented. I climbed up to my feet and went to metal bars that were keeping me in. I shook them, hoping they were left open but I knew they obviously weren't but hey, a girl can hope.

I looked to my right and noticed a door at the end of the hall. This place didn't seem familiar so I'm sure we were moved somewhere else. The hallway flickered with light which lead to another door at the beginning of the hall. Or was it the end?

I noticed a pair of hands wrapped around the metal bars of the cell next to me.

"After they hit you in the head, I-I tried to help you but was beaten until I couldn't take it anymore." His voice was soft, and full of defeat and downright disturbing.

I didn't say anything even though all I wanted to do was shout profanities at him.

How could he do this to himself! He willing gave himself over and made a deal without even telling me. If I would have known I would have chloroformed him, again, and taken him somewhere he couldn't leave! The idiot!

I didn't notice I was crying until I sniffled. I was hurt he did this to himself.

"Are you crying?" Asked Shawn, his voice had a hint of surprise. Why was he surprised? I was trapped in a cell with hundreds of super human wolves sitting outside wanting to kill us slowly. But I wasn't crying for that, I was crying for Shawn. I could still get away from the vengeful people but Shawn? They'll eat him alive, literally.

"Did you get what you wanted?" I finally spoke after minutes of silence.

I heard a bang, making me jump.

Shawn's angry voice floated into my cell. "No. So please, don't-just." He growled and then I heard another bang.

I sat down, leaning my head back. I brought my knees up to my chest and shivered again.

By the shuffling sound and light thud I heard behind me, I knew Shawn was in the same position I was.

"What do you think is going to happen now?" I asked thinking up different scenarios where I am killed by many different things.

"I'm not sure Jen, but whatever happens, I want you to know that I-I love you. I always did and I always will." His voice was soft and heavy with emotion. I only ever spent a little time with him for just a few days and although he treated me like a jerk most of the time, I knew exactly what he was talking about.

"I regret every choice I ever made that was the cause of your hurt, your emotional pain, your physical pain. I regret ever letting that bastard take over my body." I heard another bang followed by a groan of pain.