Chapter 14: The Warrior Pack

JEN

Sweat poured down my face as I ran for almost 2 days straight. Every time I would start to slow down I would speed up at the thought of my mate.

I was going to save him. How? I knew. But the process? I had no freakin clue.

After a few more minutes of running through the woods, I stopped, to tired to move on.

I looked around, my senses on high alert just in case someone followed me back. I wasn't sure but for a few miles I had a feeling that something was tracking me...watching me.

The only thing I had with me, were the clothes on my back and when I changed, I strapped them to my leg.

As I shifted, I quickly put on my pants and shirt only to realize that both were ripped. I must have ripped them when I ran through that field with thorns.

They weren't shredded but they were ripped enough that it seemed indecent. Thank the freakin lord that my shirt wasn't that bad. The back had taken most of the damage and my pants were worst. At least the bottom half were the most damaged.

I bent down and ripped away the bottom and instantly made a pair of shorts.

The cold air hit my bare legs and I shivered. The sun had set and now the temperature was dropping. I shivered again as another gust of wind hit me in the face.

I sat down on the soft dirt that was in the middle of the little clearing, deep inside the woods. I hugged myself, suddenly feeling very lonely.

My stomach growled and I don't know why but I cried.

My vision started to blur and I couldn't seem to control the tears that kept falling second after second.

I don't know exactly why I was crying but I knew it was for the acceptance that I craved for 2 years. I've been so alone that I almost went insane. I started to talk to myself. I didn't like to talk about it to anyone but I cried myself to sleep every night hoping to change my life and get away from my mate.

Twenty minutes later and I finally stopped. I wiped my eyes and stood up. I wanted to kick myself for my moment of weakness in the middle of the woods.

My stomach growled again and I looked around wishing I could eat the crackers that I had managed to sneak into my room almost a year ago.

Maybe I should just change into my wolf and hunt. The thought barley crossed my mind when I heard the low growl of a wolf.

My head snapped towards the sound, my eyes peering through the thick woods trying to locate where it came from.

I wanted to shift but I didn't want to get naked in front of the wolf! And I also didn't want to rip the only clothes I had. So, considering option B; I ran. I was supposed to keep running forward but being the dumbass I was, I ran back the way I ran away from!

My bare feet thumped against the wet forrest floor. I managed to step into some rocks but I ignored the pain by focusing on the sound of paws hitting against the ground, chasing me and nipping at my ankles.

Almost 30 minutes later and I was dying. Not literally, but my lungs were on fire and my sides burned, feeling like their was a fire inside my body.  It felt like I might pass out from exhaustion.