Chapter 7: My Mate My Enemy

Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know that you could imagine whoever you wanted to in your head! Just because I chose this guy to play Shawn doesn't mean you have to imagine him! But I do think he is incredibly sexy! Anyways...
🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

JEN

"I don't wanna go back to the prison cells!" I whined. I didn't want to go back at least not while I was out and could help my pack.

I was still leaning on Michael's shoulder for support as we walked back towards the prison.

He suddenly stopped and stiffened.

"What? What is it Michael?" I was anxious now and his silence wasn't helping.

I was just about to open my mouth again when he shushed me.

This time I was going to yell at him when I noticed him tilting his head to the side as if to listen for something.

I did the same thing but heard absolutely nothing.

My eyes widened when I realized that I could hear nothing. With my pack reaching almost 100 plus members and King's pack reaching almost 200, it was way to silent.

Actually, now that I think about it, when we walked to the pack house to confront King, I didn't notice a soul near by.

Michael and I stared at each other with confused expressions.

"What is going on?" I asked no one in particular.

"Maybe we should head back to the pack house." I was confused.

"Okay." We both turned around and stopped dead in our tracks.

I gasped as I witnessed what was in front of me.

More than 100 werewolves in their wolf form were beginning to merge out of the Forrest.

I felt fear trickling down my back as I saw a giant Gray wolf emerge from behind the pack of wolves. It's giant animal muscles flexing as it perched itself in front of the wolves. I looked at its soulless black eyes as my own light brown eyes clouded with fear.

I wasn't necessarily scared of the giant wolf itself. I could tell that this wolf was an Alpha and all Alpha wolves are bigger than the average wolf. My wolf and his were equally matched, unless he too uses wolfage, but with an army behind him? I have no chance for survival.

But what really had me worried was the fact that Shawn King, Alpha of the Nocte pack, was my mate.