Chapter 24: My Father, The Tyrant: Part Two

Hey guys!! Sorry this got very slow but it will be better in due time! I actually plan on ending this book very soon but the good news is that a sequel will be made. Mostly because it will have any unanswered questions that didn't get answered in this book! Like why Shawn gave control to his wolf...or will he explain in this book? 😱👀

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

JEN

"Dad? What is he doing here?" I sat down on the bed, worried about the reason he was here.

My eyes popped out of my head as I gasped suddenly, realizing something that made the blood drain out of my face.

Shawn saw the terror on my face and grabbed my hand asking me what was wrong.

"We're human." I whispered in fright.

Shawn laughed and hugged me sighing in relief. "Yes, we are but I don't care."

I pushed him away and paced the floor looking at Carter and Nathan who just looked at us with pity.

"No Shawn, you don't get it! We. Are. Human."

The gears starting to run in his head as he stared at my concerned face.

"Oh shit." He cried.

I think it was safe to say that today was the day that we both died...again.

Carter cleared his throat and my eyes snapped to him. "Did I ever tell you how sorry I am Jen, that you lost your wolf and had to go through what you had to." He smiled, expecting me to return it.

I grimaced at him. I wanted so bad to return his smile but I couldn't. I did forgive him though, that much was true but I couldn't worry about that now.

Fear was eating away at me and the longer we stayed here, the more dangerous it was.

I grabbed Shawn's hand and we pushed past Nathan, running towards the pack house.

Just as we got to the entrance of the house, I heard my father's voice. "Where is she! Where is my daughter!" Our backs hit the side of the house, trying to stay out of sight.

My heart beat in my chest afraid he might smell us so instead we went around the yard and into the back door. It was quiet in the house now and I risked peaking in the living room to find it empty.

As stealthy as I could, I went to a window and looked outside, Shawn close behind me.

I saw my dad and a couple of huge guys that looked dangerous, sniffing around the nearby houses. They had picked up our scent and were now following it back to the hospital.

We ran up the stairs and into my room. I shut the door and grabbed a suitcase I kept hidden in my closet.

"We'll go to your house next, okay?" I said as I packed what I needed.

When I got no response, I looked up to see Shawn lost in thought with a twisted look on his face.

"Shawn?" He looked at me, shaking his head and took my suitcase from me rushing over to my drawers.

Next was his house, it was close to the pack house so we didn't take long to get there.

By the time we had finished packing his things, we heard footsteps coming up the stairs of his house. Shawn immediately shoved me behind him and faced the closed door.