Chapter 22: I Will Always Forgive You

JEN

My feet moved by themselves as I started to run towards Nathan but for the third time today, someone held me back by my arms.

I looked back at the person snarling and tried to get out of their grip but stopped when I looked into his light brown eyes, relief washing over me.

"Matt! He's going to kill him!" I cried thinking he would let go of me but didn't. I couldn't help but look at him with shock. Matt lied to me too? Could I not trust anyone?

Nathan must have been distracted by Matt's presence because then I heard Aimee. "Do it Nathan!" My face snapped to Aimee as she ran into the field. She looked at me with guilt and then avoided my eyes.

Nathan was so fast, everything was a blur. All I heard was a piercing roar so painfully loud, it made my ears bleed.

"NO!" I fell to my knees, not able to keep myself upright anymore.

I just sat there watching as the blood gushed out of his wound. They let him go and he fell to his knees with a groan. Nathan removed the knife from his chest and I didn't think it was possible but even more blood came out of his wound.

"No, please, please!" My salty tears ran down my cheeks and into my mouth as I wailed for my mate.

"Let me go. Please." I told Matt struggling again. He finally let me go and I fell to the floor but soon was on my feet and ran to Shawn.

"Shawn!" I grabbed his face and looked into his black eyes. Blood was pouring out of his mouth so I grabbed the edge of my shirt and wiped his mouth.

"Shawn please!" I shook him. "Let go of him you bastard!" I said speaking to his wolf but all I could see were his stupid black eyes.

"Please." I begged. "Please give me my mate."

The wolfs dark eyes looked at me defeated and then I could slowly see them getting lighter until I saw the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen.

His dark blue orbs shined under the light making me smile. He lifted his lips as if to smile but he just grimaced and moaned.

I laid him down in my lap and stroked his hair. "Shawn, don't leave me, please."

He choked on his blood in response. I stroked his cheek, his pale, cold cheek and sobbed. He was dying and I couldn't do anything to save him.

"SHARRY!" I called out to nothing, hoping she would magically appear to fix my Shawn but I knew better than that.

Nathan stepped closer making me angry with rage.

"GET AWAY FROM HIM! YOU MURDERER!" My throat hurt after screaming but it seemed to have send the message because everyone backed away from me.

A cold hand touched my cheek and I gasped looking down to my lap.

"I-I-mmmm so-rrr-" He tried to apology.

"-shhhh. I forgive you. Okay? I will always forgive you." I rocked him back and forth, not able to sit still anymore.

Watching him in pain was killing me but I'd rather have him in pain than dead.