Chapter 10: My Grandparents are Ooooold!

JEN

Shawn looked over his shoulder at a werewolf that was standing behind his right hand side.

"Brutus."

"Yes, Alpha." He came to stand next to him and then saluted like he was an army captain.

"Show Miss Jennifer the room at the very top." He almost snickered. I narrowed my eyes at him. What does he mean very top? The very top was the att...ohhhh. Wow. seriously? What are we, in high school? Why is he playing games? What does he think is going to happen if I go into the attic? Cry?

I smirked in my head. Idiot doesn't know that the attic contained more furniture than any room in the house. Bring it, bitch!

I almost laughed in his face but I had to act like the victim if I wanted to succeed.

So, I looked my mate in his eyes one more time wishing I was looking at the face of someone I loved and someone who loved me back. Then, I turned my head to reality and followed Brutus and another guy to the attic.

We walked in deafening silence to the pack house. I cleared my throat trying to make things less silent but that just made it worse.

"Shut up." Said Brutus with annoyance. What's up his ass?

"No, you shut up." I won't allow him to talk to me like that.

He suddenly stopped making me bump into his back.

"Seriously, man!" I said as I rubbed my nose.

He slowly turned around with a glare on his face but it suddenly turned into pity as he stared at me longer.

I didn't like the pity looks. They made me feel inferior. Which, I was now.

"Look, I already know where the attic is so, I'll go from here." I just needed to be alone right now.

He rolled his eyes and then scoffed. "Um, are you deaf? I obviously got Alpha voiced into taking you to the attic. I kinda have too."

"No need to be rude, Brutus." I scoffed.

Damn, these people have major sticks up their asses.

"The Alpha has called me back something about an escaped prisoner." The other guy said.

Brutus nodded and led me up four flights of stairs until we reached the top.

No one has been to the attic in a long time and I was afraid to open the door to find spiders and other insects. I HATED spiders. Their 8 legs and their weird bodies and then some of them can jump! I shuddered.

At least I had the whole 7th floor to myself. Granted I had to go to the bathroom on the 6th floor but it was still nice.

Brutus impatiently waited for me to open the door. I slowly inched my hand towards the handle.

"GODDAMMIT!" He yelled in annoyance. "Just open the goddam door!"

I narrowed my eyes at him daring him to yell at me again. "You've brought me, I think I can take it from here. You can go now." I said with a hint of annoyance.

He huffed and glared at me but turned around and left.

I rolled my eyes. I don't give a shit about him being annoyed!

I stood their with my hand to the handle dreading to open it.

With one swift push, I opened the door.

Dust flew everywhere, making its way into my nostrils and my throat. I waved my hand in front of my face as I fell into a coughing fit.

I looked around the large room which was covered in white sheets and dust. I couldn't see anything because it was so dark in here.

With my werewolf hearing, I heard the little patter of feet scurrying away from the light of the hallway.

Oh god. It sounded like a freaken rat. I almost cried on the spot.

Trying to be brave I stepped through the door and straightened my back. Damn, I have a lot of work to do.

So, I put my hair in a bun and started to clean.

🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹

I pushed the last drawer against the wall on my left side.

I stood back and admired my work.

It actually looked like a decent room and who knew it had a window, quite a big one too, it over looked the Forrest and the field were we train. It was a normal room except with 5 night stands and 4 chests and three beds. Yes, it was that big, my father was a hoarder. He didn't like to throw anything away. At least I had a record player and a lot of magazines and this old tape recorder and player with a lot of tapes. This shithole looks like my grandparents threw up in here. Maybe my grandpa was the hoarder.

I went through the records to look for a good song to play when I found the perfect one. The Beatles.

I personally love their songs. They were legends.

As the record started to play, I started to dust the rest of the stuff. Thank god there were beds in here! But I am gonna have to get new sheets. the mattresses looked to lumpy and uncomfortable but it was still better than nothing.

I opened the window to let some fresh air in, when I finished dusting. Thank the freaking lord I didn't find the stupid rat. It must have left out the door when I was moving everything around. I shuddered again imagining it's ugly face.

Great, now I felt grimy and sweaty and like I needed a shower. Could I even take showers? Do omegas take showers? I don't know what I'm doing! Maybe I should go ask the "Mighty Alpha" for the rules to be an omega.

Thinking about Shawn brought tears to my eyes. I can't help but be sad that he was an unloving, abusive little shit that didn't want me. And then my brother and my mother? I can't even think about that right now! I can't even think about actually crying because if I did then I would truly break and I don't want that when I was in enemy territory.

I needed to be heartless, and emotionless and fierce if I wanted to take my pack back. But, I also needed to play the roll of the weak mate.

Can't have my mate thinking I could be a threat.

I made my way downstairs and out the door. I needed to get my clothes out of my home, if I can even call it that anymore.

I pushed my house's door open, slamming it into the wall. My mother jumped 2 feet in the air as she was walking towards the couch. I must have frightened her.

"Mom!" My brother yelled from upstairs.

"Jen." My mother gleamed at the sight of me. "You came back."

"I came to get my clothes, do I have permission to go up the stairs of your house." I asked her in a monotone voice.

Her eyes filled with tears as she looked at me.

"Jen it's not what you th-" but I cut her off before she said some horrible excuse for what she did.

"Do I have permission?" I said through clenched teeth. I looked away from her teary eyes before they made me too emotional and I decided to forgive her.

"Mom! What was that noise!" Idiot asks now? What if I was an intruder! Shithead needs to be quicker on his feet.

I gave my mom a pointed look.

"Yes." She said finally.

I sprinted up the stairs and slammed the door shut.

I was starting to become depressed.

No family, no love, no trust! I had nothing.

I quickly packed my clothes and toiletries and grabbed any personal stuff like pictures. I even grabbed my bedsheets and pillows. I don't think I'll be going to school soon so I'll have to leave all of my books behind. Do omegas go to school? Besides if I ever get bored, I have old novels sitting in the attic, collecting more dust.

Hauling my suitcase and my bedspread, I walked out my home and never looked back. I could hear the distant cries of my mother as she called my name but I kept walking because I didn't have a mother anymore.

I walked into the pack house with my head held high which soon got cut off because I was greeted with a fuming Shawn King.