Chapter 16: "I Will Find You."

SHAWN

"It's been a year and a few months sir. We've traced every scent we could find and raided any pack that even remotely seemed guilty and we could not find her. She's vanished sir, and I think we should stop searching for the sake of the soldiers."

I patiently listened to every crap word my stupid Beta said to me.

"Leave my sight." I said, not in the mood to play nice. The idiot hesitated and looked at me like he was expecting me to say something else.

"Now." I said again through clenched teeth. His face was pissing me off.

I sat there in my office trying to think of a reason why I wanted to find that stupid girl in the first place. I had every girl here at my whim and my stupid human part won't stop reminding me of her repulsive face. I wanted her Alpha, that's why I am looking for her. Yup. That's the reason.

I remembered the first time I saw her. She was so weak and looked so beaten. It was a disgrace. How could a weakling like her be mated to me, the most powerful wolf in the world. Although, I did hear a rumor going around about a wolf who might be my match. He hailed from the warrior pack and apparently was the strongest warrior.

I scoffed. Their all delusional. I'm sure if we were to fight, I would win with a land slide.

Just then, an idea popped into my head. Maybe I should invite this warrior into my pack and see how he was a match for me. I would need a good reason.

I tapped my chin swiveling in my chair. The Lux pack has been wanting to leave my territory for over a year when they discovered their beloved 'Alpha' had run away. I, of course, used my Alpha to stop them and forcefully made them stay in my pack.  What surprised me was that my mother wanted to leave. She hasn't left my side in years and then when that girl ran away, she wanted to leave. I told her she couldn't and ever since then she has been depressed. I didn't really care but it was annoying listening to her crying all the time.

The old women was probably too old now. It was probably time for her to die but the old lady just wouldn't give up, would she. I rolled my eyes. People are such drama kings and queens.

Anyways, I could lure the warrior pack to help our pack settle the dispute between the Nocte and Lux pack. Even though they are my property now, they wouldn't stop calling themselves the Lux pack.

I jumped out of my chair, feeling excited which was a rare event, and I went to find my beta so he can contact the Warrior pack and I can fight this supposedly stronger warrior wolf. Nobody trumps me, nobody.

***

The next morning, I woke up next to...uh...shit. The next morning, I woke up and took a long shower, trying to get the smell of 'girl' off of me. After I kicked the red head out I ran downstairs and straight into the kitchen to find my depressed mom making pancakes. I nodded my head in acknowledgement and went into the living room rolling my eyes.

I didn't need the stupid 'How are you this morning?' questions.

I headed towards the field where some of the teenagers were practicing how to protect me in a battle. They can die all they want but I needed to be protected at all costs. Besides, their families always got the insurance money on time. I don't understand why they think I'm heartless?

I reached my beta who was playing with his one year old son. It was a disgusting sight that for some odd reason made me feel...jealous?

I cleared my throat to grab his attention. He and his mate looked at me in surprise.

"You're up early, sir? Is something wrong?" His expression was confused which made me want to slap it off.

"Does it matter? Just tell me what the warrior pack said." He opened his mouth after a minute of thinking.