Chapter 5: 'See You In a Couple of Years!'

JEN

I woke up to someone poking my injured arm.

"Ow." I mumbled sleepily.

"Oh!" Said a surprised female voice.

"Sorry dear, I didn't realize you were awake."

I turned my body to lay on my back.

I noticed the cell door open and a women bent over me.

"Can I hel-" I was cut off with a coughing fit.

The lady pulled my upper body up into a sitting position and then rubbed my back until I stopped coughing.

Once I was done I laid back down and I continued. "-p you?"

"Oh yes! My name is Sharry. I was brought here by Micheal to check on the prisoner." She had a big smile on her face like she was happy to be in a smelly cell helping a sick girl who, by the way, could be dangerous!

"Where is Micheal right now?"

She waved her hand in the air. "Don't worry about him right now. I'm here to check on you Miss..." She glanced at the clipboard in her hand. "...Gray." She glanced at me and then the clipboard again.

"Gray? As in the Alpha family, Gray?" Her behavior completely changed. She seemed more frightened.

"I mean, I knew you smelled like an Alpha but I didn't know you were a Gray! This is not good." She started to pace in the cell as she rubbed her head. Why was she stressing over me?

Just as she opened her mouth again, Michael walked in. He could immediately pick up on the tense air.

"What's wrong Sharry?" He asked concerned.

"What's wrong? What's wrong is that you failed to mention that she's a Gray!" She pointed at me like I was some kind of abomination.

I growled at her disrespect and then smiled when she jumped. Even when I'm sick, I still got it!

"Please, excuse me." She said politely.

I nodded my head. She grabbed Michael's arm and pulled him out of the cell with her. I could hear their footsteps decreasing as she probably looked for a safe place to speak.

I rolled my eyes at the lady's drama. I then sighed because my body felt like shit. My muscles and throat were sore and my head felt to heavy while my nose was stuffed to the max with snot!

I kept sniffling and using my shirts sleeve as a tissue. Bleh, I know. I turned my head to check on Mr. Pervert when I noticed that they left the door open. They left my cell door open! YES!

I moved to sit in a sitting position and grunted from the soreness. I should have healed by now? It's been a week since my injuries and I should have healed in at least 72 hours! It felt like I was healing slower than a human!

I looked down at my leg and noticed this big, blue, purple, painful bruise on the leg that I had to break and reset again.

I slowly bent my uninjured leg to help me get up. Using the cell bars as support, I walked closer to the opened door and peaked my head out.

Muhahaha! Nobodies there! Not even Mr. Pervert, or Zander, was in his cell.

I hopped on my leg and looked for the entrance but as I passed down one of the doors, I heard whispering noises. I stopped and pressed my ear against the door.

Michael and Sharry were whispering about something.

I could make out a few words like my name and Alpha King and something like, kill?

"Did...kill me? I can't..would...to her! ....she...Alpha of...Lux pack...Alpha...kill me!"

I mean, obviously they were talking about me! But I'm pretty sure she's talking about herself getting killed.

So, did that mean that she's in danger because she came to see me? I frowned, I didn't want that.

I pressed my ear closer to hear them but suddenly the door opened.

I shrieked as I fell to the floor. Damn it! I said to myself as I rubbed my nose. I opened my eyes to find a frightened Sharry and a concerned Michael.

"Oh, hey guys! Hehehe!" I tried to look innocent but it wasn't working. Michael rolled his eyes and Sharry looked confused.

"Um, Miss Gray? What are up doing here and out of your cell?" She looked at Michael and gave him a questioning look but he was looking at me.

"Here let me help you." He helped me up when he saw me struggling. He put my arm around his shoulder to balance me out with his weight. I blushed when his arm tightened around my waist.

I looked to Sharry to see her freaking out. "Michael! Put her back! What if the alpha sees her out? I don't wanna die so please do me a favor and put her back!"

Excuse me! Jeez! I'm not a dog! I'm a wolf! And wolves aren't locked up like some dogs!

I growled at her. "Don't speak about me like I'm not here." I said with anger.

She lowered her head and whimpered.

"Michael, take me to see my father." I wasn't going back in there until I talked to my father.

He cleared his throat. "Well, you see Alpha, um...he left." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Excuse me? Did you say he left?" I asked surprised.

He nodded his head.

"What?! Where to? This doesn't make any sense!" I was confused.

"He left the day after Alpha King moved in." The Alpha of the Nocte  pack was ruining everything!

"Do you even know where he went?"

"No. All he did was pack his bag and said, 'See you in a couple of years, if you survive for that long.' And then he left." He said shaking his head and rolling his eyes.

How can he leave? God! I swear I was gonna kill that man!

"Fine. Take me to see 'Alpha' King." I said sneering his name. I needed to talk to that asshole too.

"Maybe you should rest, you still have a fever and you can't even walk right." He said sounding sincere.

"No, I won't be able to rest until I see him. Now, take me to him." I said through clenched teeth.

He seemed a little worried about it but agreed anyways.

Sharry on the other hand was hyperventilating.

"Sharry! Calm down! All you have to do is pretend you never came down here! Okay? I won't tell him that you came to see me. Besides, its not like you actually diagnosed me." She looked almost at awe.

"Y-you won't say anything? Really?" She stuttered.

"No I won't, I promise." I said sounding sincere.

"Thank you." She bowed her head again and left.

I patted Michael on his back.

"Let's go see who's been taking care of my pack in my absence."