Summer Night

Two days passed pretty quickly from Alina's perspective. They were already at the lake house finishing the dishes from lunch. The kids were playing and the adults thought of going on a canoe trip.

"It's just three hours will it be okay for you?" Anna questioned

"It's ok aunt just go, we will take care of everything" Alina responded laying on the kitchen isle

"You're the man in the house now Colten" Thomas informed "Take care of them"

"Yes, dad. Don't you worry about us. We will be fine. We'll probably take them to the waterfall" Colten responded

"Ok then be careful"

"This is my number, your dad's number, Martha's and Thomas', the nearest hospital, the fire station and the nearest neighbor's" Martha said passing a paper to Alina

"Mom, this is not our first time doing this relax. It will be fine"

"I'm fine just..."

"Worried" Alina smiled "Like always. Loosen up woman, have some time just the four of you it will be fun I'm sure"

"Thanks honey" They hugged each other and the four of them said their goodbyes to their children and left the house.

"So..." Colten spoke she glanced at him, his body resting on the frame door of the kitchen "We are alone" he wiggled his eyebrows

"Nope, we have our brothers outside so behave" She said looking at the ids playing outside, she wandered through the house gathering things to take to the waterfall, while Colten was carefully following her.

"Oh come on they won't see anything" he smirked

She looked at him with a not so amused face "stop it"

"You're sexy when you're feisty "

"I mean it" She told him

"ok ok" he smiled, she opened the big window door "Do you want to take a swim at the waterfall?"

"Yes!!!" They cheered. The waterfall wasn't that far away from the lake house it was a simple and small waterfall that made a natural pool, great to swim a bit with the kids due t the calm water and the fact that wasn't too deep.

 The waterfall wasn't that far away from the lake house it was a simple and small waterfall that made a natural pool, great to swim a bit with the kids due t the calm water and the fact that wasn't too deep

"Wow look at the water" Callie said

"Last to get in is a chicken" Toby said quickly running to the water

"That's cheating" Callie informed. Alina and Colten put the beach towels on the grass and also a few bags they brought with them mostly things for the two kids.

"You need to put sunscreen" Alina said but the kids didn't paid attention they were already in the water playing "Guys! Sunscreen" she shouted but again she was ignored, to her salvation Colten whistled making the kids quickly look at them two Alina shook the bottle of sunscreen and they obeyed getting out of the water.