Enclosed

Once they were both inside Alina informed him to eat "Eat this"

"No thanks, I'm not hungry" he said plainly "I'm going to take a shower" he informed leaving quickly with a tired expression after breaking all that wood

With no chance to say anything back she got the fireplace ready with help of the wood he chopped. She opened and took from her bag a book to study, crouched near the table in front of the firewood she started studying, there wasn't much to do.

The time passed and her brain wasn't processing all of the things she was studying, but that didn't stop her from trying... she was going to have an exam this week, and she didn't want to take any risks.

"Isn't it late to be studying?" She heard the deep voice coming from afar

"I'll take all the opportunities I have" she explained

"You don't need to tire yourself out" he said walking near the fireplace and checking the fire

"I'm not, but every minute counts" she explained watching his muscled back covered with the thin fabric of his shirt

"That's not how it works" he says turning back and looking at her. Alina's world stopped for a moment, how long had she been waiting to see him this close. His hair was wet, though his face was almost emotionless, with a glimpse of something she couldn't decipher in his eyes and a towel around his neck.

"It is for me" she responded watching him getting closer

"Well it's not healthy" he implied closing her book "go to sleep. It was a long day" and slightly looking in her eyes.

As soon as his eyes met hers, a burning sensation emerged in her body, she quickly stood up and sat on the couch as if obeying him.

She gulped in realisation of her actions blinking confusingly but to her relief he seemed blue not caring over her actions, if he did even saw them, leaving her relieved but frustrated.

Since the rooms were incomplete due the only place finished and actually available to sleep in was the big couch in the leaving room were they were.

The living room was far to being complete but the main furniture was there. It was a big couch and thankfully the could move it according to their preferences. He turned off the lights while she made herself cozy on her side of the sofa.

Colten placed one piece distance so the sofa was now in a shape of a "U". Alina was laying now in one side and Colten sat at the opposite one, front to front he saw her cover herself up the light of the fireplace giving her a warm color plastered on her cheeks, her face was shining and her red nose was still visible.

It didn't take long for her to sense his gaze on her, he adverted his eyes and lay down looking at the roof his mind running fast thinking of thousand of scenarios, his heart broke, his eyes tired and his feet cold.

The silence was loud, the wind breaking against the windows was perfectly clear, the snow seemed to be strong and cold colder.

To break that enormous uncomfortable quiet Alina curiously asked " what are you doing ?"

"What do you mean?" he almost whispered raising an eyebrow his eyes still closer.

"You know what I mean" she spoke quietly "what have you been doing? I've tried to ask but-"

"I asked him not to" he interrupted " I made him promise me to not tell you what I was doing"

"I see... And what was that?"

" nothing that concerns you, I'm not on drugs though if that is your question "he quicklyresponded

"That was not-"

"Yeah sure"

"It's your mom, ok? She is worried, they are all worried"

"And you?" he quietly asked his intriguing question making heart beat faster

"I trust Harold. He said you're fine and you're doing better and I believe him-"

"Ah I see,  you're still numb when it comes to me. Worry isn't really you're thing" he said looking at her figure laying down in the dark

"That's not it" she quickly stood up revolted with his words "I also trust you and I'm sure whatever you're doing you're because you want and that's enough reason for me, now don't you say that I was not worried when I came all the way here to know what the hell was happening a few months ago!" her tone was slightly irritated due to his provocation yet she was able to maintain herself calm

"You're right... I'm sorry"

"You should try to visit more and try to give some explanation to your mom and dad. They deserve one"

"No I can't go now. I'm a mess and I still haven't done what I was supposed to"

"What does that mean?"

"It's not good enough yet so I'll just live here till I'm good to get back"

"I'm not saying to stop everything you're doing, I'm just saying to actually go there for a small second and tell them you're ok"

"I talk with my mom so don't worry"

"Not in a week..." she said remembering the message later

"Were you spying on my phone?"

"No! It was one of the messages on the home screen, I do have eyes and my eyes sort of...passed on it" she explained she heard his breath almost implying an ironic laugh

" ok"

"Maybe you should read it" she said in hopes he would listen to her and maybe for the first time he did