Missing

Time is a very interesting thing. He doesn't properly exist like Einstein once said 'Time is an illusion' yet Pericles, an influential ancient greek statesman and general believed that time was the wisest counselor of all and maybe both are right.
Time doesn't makes things better or worse just helps to accustom, familiarize things that are lost, it doesn't bring them back, it doesn't increase the pain just makes it rhythmic, constant... Also time helps to grow , With time we grow older, we grow wiser, we grow smarter and we're better, we become ...seasoned.

Three years, not precisely three years, but more or so, let's start for Alina.

Well she went to university, she is taking a design course to be a interior designer. She moved to campus since the university was far, luckily their friends got in, in the same place, so they would meet in time to time, not all the time and mostly to study sometimes to party yet they found a way to talk with each other.

Alina was currently in her third year, only missing one year to complete her bachelor's degree. She was in fact loving the course it was hard, it took a lot of work and job but she made it through the way.

She visited Harold during these three years, to talk a bit with him, explain the situation she was in. She had never seen Colten since that day, he missed family Sunday and so did she, whenever she would go he wouldn't, university helped being away started to be normal.

She asked Harold for him a couple of times yet the old man didn't had news about him, she lived her life, she helped Harold rebuilding his housed, the old man was rebuilding everything and she helped with colors, textures, everything she could. She knew Colten was in a university also, enjoying his football career, she didn't knew much more about him it was like he had disappeared from the map, from her life.

Yet, life carried on..right?

"Oh guys I'm sorry" Sophia said putting all of her things in the hair next to her

"No problem, if you wanted us to grow roots you could've just texted" Gabe said ironically taking a sip of his tea

"It was Travis" She explained "He is so lame always grabbing me for not to go"

"The usual" Zoey commented

"so news who got them?" Gabe asked curiously

"Uh uh I" Sophia raised her hand excitedly

"As always "Alina chuckled

"remember Emma?"

"What Emma?" Zoey questioned

"The devil in person who suddenly started to be an angel" Sophia said "The new year, new me"

"oh the one who dated with Colten" Gabe completed

"Yes"

"why didn't you just said that?" Zoey questioned

"Whatever... You know what?"

"what?" They all asked in unison

"She is dating" Sophia squealed, making the customers of the cafe look at her "Sorry"

"She is dating?" Zoey asked curiously "With who?"

"That's even better" Sophia said and then looked at Alina and her head bent down

"What?" Alina asked sensing her weird behavior

"Maybe I shouldn't" Sophia realized bitting her under lip

"Well you started it, now end it" Gabe implied

"But- It's"

"Sophia jus say it" Zoey insisted'