A Crushing Bout

SERENA POV

A lot has happened in the previous week . A lot means a lot . I did a huge mistake to hangout with Trevor . I fell into his trap quite easily after he mocked Ash . I should have revolted then and there . Ash is hating me now . My feelings have only got stronger for him . We two maybe live in the same house , but Ash has all his feelings indifferent towards me . I told Margo about this , she told to give Ash some time . . .

Today counts 10 days after he broke up with me , and today he is battling against the Hoenn Star , Trevor . Trevor has been talking to me a lot , even though I shove him off , but still he is a stubborn lad . He apologized for his behavior the day I came to the Academy . I couldn't also explain him about Ash or else he would be more angry at me , So I just went with the flow .

Aria , my rival , has also been hanging out quite a while with Ash . Though he rarely seems interested , but the former Kalos queen gave him a small peck on the cheek the other day , which Ash didn't mind at the Library . 'Maybe this is how its supposed to be .'

I still remember the words he said at the Hospital . The pain was cursing . It could bring havoc to anyone 's heart if they suffered the same .

"Serena , you know what  . . . my Mother  was murdered  . . . and the only thing which gave me hope was you . . . but it seems that , I was wrong . . . for the very first time in my life . . . " 

These words were the thin ice he was dwelling on . He never shared about his earlier life . But to think that his mother was murdered just like mine , it was beyond expectance . He always considered me as his love but now , he considers me no more than just a classmate . 

You think I didn't try ? I tried everywhere . Even when he had free periods , at home , at the hospital itself .

"Ash . . . Please don't leave me . . . Give me just one another chance"
I pleaded with tears streaming my eyes . 

But he never saw me , he just went out saying nothing . I heard a low cry from him too as he went outside and closed the door with a slam . 

And that's the end . The family I yearned for is already drowning . We promised to be a great family . But things had come the way that no one could ever imagine .

"Hey Serena , you will cheer me on , won't you ? " asked Trevor snapping out of my thoughts .

Trevor was the heartthrob of the school . Girls drooled at his physique and handsomeness , his style and his way of speaking . And he was one of them too , a playboy kind of . Though I never sounded to be on good terms with him , situations pressured me to be with Trevor . Teachers talked about us , our royalty and our impressive grades . My friends Iris , May and Dawn talked highly about him , Alain and Clemont too .

But none noticed Ash at the end of Cafeteria with Gary and Aria . Aria had brought herself quite close to Ash I suppose . Gary was his best friend from childhood and he even remembered it after the day Ash told him about himself . Gary remembered it all and embraced a deep hug with his childhood Rival . I had seen Ash and Aria quite a few times , and he seemed quite fine to me .

"Serena ? " 

"Oh yes . . . I will cheer you . . ." I said putting up a smile to convince him .

"Thank you , I will give this Red a humiliating defeat so he never drug enhances his Pokémon again . . ."

'Drug enhances ' . Yeah ! Ash was rumored to have used drugs for boosting up Lucario . Though this was never proved ,but Ash was humiliated many times due to this . He casually gave it up and was fine with me . But when ' Cheater ' , ' Liar ' came from the crowds , I could sense his anger and sorrow .  He never battled then . But when Trevor challenged him and he denied , Prof Kukui aka Our battle teacher forced Ash to have it . So he delayed the 1v1 by tomorrow . and today was the day .

"Come on Lets go . . . Go Hoenn Star . . . Show him his position . " Alain said as he fist bumped with Trevor . 

"Yeah Sure !! " Trevor said .

GENERAL POV

Ash headed to the Battle Arena when he saw the group passing by . He didn't look upon them , but it seemed that they were coming towards him .