𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘 [𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗧 𝗢𝗡𝗘]

"Look, Daddy! She smiled!"—"I saw, Dean"

"I saw, Dean"

• • •

22 YEARS AGO

It's night time in Lawrence, Kansas. Crickets chirp as a large ominous tree sways in the wind outside one of the suburban houses that line the street.

Inside the house, a woman wearing a white nightgown, carries a four-year-old boy, Dean Winchester, into a medium sized room. "Come on, let's say night to your brother." Mary sets Dean on his feet before switching on the lights, lighting up the nursery where her youngest son, Sam Winchester, lays in his crib and looks up at his mother.

Young Dean Winchester leans over the cot and kisses his brother on the forehead. "Night, Sam." Mary smiles down at her six-month-old son as she brushes Sam's tuff of hair back and places a kiss on his forehead as well.

"Hey, Dean."

At the sound of his father's voice, Dean turns and sees none other than John Winchester leaning in the doorway. The four-year-old boy smiles and rushes towards him.

"Daddy!"

"Hey, buddy."

John scoops Dean up and walks closer to Sam's cot while smiling down at his eldest. "So, what do you think? You think Sammy's ready to toss around a football yet?" Small Dean looks up at his father, shaking his head while laughing.

"No, Daddy."

John laughs. "No. What about Juliet?" Dean laughs again. "Daddy! She's one."

Mary smiles as she passes John and Dean on the way out of the room, looking down at her son before looking at her husband. 

"You got him?"

John nods his head and hugs Dean closer. "I got him." The father of two then smiles down at his second born. "Sweet dreams, Sam."

After shutting the door to Sam's nursery, John makes his way towards Dean's room and switches on the light. The inside of Dean's room is just like any ordinary four-year-olds room except for the crib pushed into the corner of the bedroom.

Inside the crib lay a baby girl who's fast asleep. After setting Dean down on his feet, the small boy walks up to the white cot in his room and leans down. Just like he did with Sam, he kisses the baby girl on the forehead.