𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

PHANTOM TRAVELER [PART ONE]
___

PHANTOM TRAVELER [PART ONE]___

"Who is it?."

"Hello?."

• • •

Dean is asleep with his hand underneath his pillow, Juliet beside him, also fast asleep. Harlow is in the middle of her parents, sprawled out, with her foot almost pushing Dean out of the bed. The huntress and her daughter don't react when the door to their motel room door opens.

Dean, however does.

As the door opens, he awakens and slowly slips one of his hands under his pillow for the weapon he has stashed there. As soon as his hand has grasped the metal of the object, he turns to look, he sees Sam entering the motel room, carrying coffee, apple juice and pastries. He let's out a breath of relief as he drops the weapon that's still under his pillow.

Sam notices his brother is awake and turns to him, a smile of greeting on his face. "Morning, sunshine." Dean groans as he turns to look at Juliet and Harlow, he turns back to Sam when he sees that they are both still sleeping. "What time is it?" Sam goes to answer but Juliet, who had also woken up from the sound of the door opening, beats him to it. "Five firty-five." Dean turns to her with one of his eyebrows raised in surprise, "I thought you were asleep?" The huntress turns to her boyfriend, "Sam coming in with his big feet woke me up." Sam looks at his best friend, offended. "I do not have big feet and I was as quiet as a mouse."

Juliet jokingly looks down at his feet before looking back up at him, her eyebrow raised playfully. "How? Your stompers give you away instantly." Sam rolls his eyes and sarcastically laughs.

Dean's groaning, causes the two hunters to turn to him and watch as he looks between the two. "It's in the morning?" Juliet and Sam glance at each other and roll their eyes at that being the thing that's on his mind. The huntress turns back to Dean and smiles, "Yes, honey, in the morning." The hunter lets out another tired groan as Juliet gives Sam a look. "You'd think, with all the mornings' we've had, where we've been woken up early from Harlow cryin' when she was a baby, he'd have gotten used to it." She then turns and looks back at Dean, his head in his pillow. "Guess not."

Dean ignores her comment and looks at the two. "Where does the day go?" He then sits up slowly, being careful not to wake Harlow. He turns to Sam, "Did you get any sleep last night?" Sam nods his head, "Yeah, I grabbed a couple hours." Juliet narrows her eyes at him, having always known when he's lying, and it seems Dean knows his tell, as well. "Liar. 'Cause I was up at three getting Harlow some warm milk, and you were watching a George Foreman infomercial." Sam shrugs at his brother. "Hey, what can I say? It's riveting TV."

Juliet gives him a look before her expression goes soft with concern. "When was the last time you got an actual good night's sleep, Sammy?" The man in question turns to his best friend and he immediately caves with the truth after seeing the gentle look in her chocolate brown eyes. "I don't know, a little while I guess. It's not a big deal." Dean, though, disagrees. "Yes, it is." The youngest Winchester brother, sighs. "Look, I appreciate your concern-" Dean cuts him off with a shake of his head, "Oh, I'm not concerned about you-" Juliet rolls her eyes, knowing that what Dean is saying, isn't true. "-It's your job to keep my, as well as Juliet and Harlow's, ass' alive, so I need you sharp."