𝐓𝐄𝐍

This is a LONG chapter so get your snacks and drinks and snuggle and enjoy! ❤️
|
DEAD IN THE WATER [PART FOUR]
___

This is a LONG chapter so get your snacks and drinks and snuggle and enjoy! ❤️|DEAD IN THE WATER [PART FOUR]___

"You're okay, baby. You're okay."

"I was scared."

• • •

Dean and Juliet arrive at the Carlton house, they park the Impala and get out. The two look into the distance and see Bill Carlton sitting on the same bench as he was before. The mother and father of one, glance at each other before making their way towards the older man.

Once they're close enough, Juliet can see the pain in Bill's eyes at losing his two children. The Huntress feels a tug on her heart strings. She feels sympathy for the man, but now isn't the time for sympathy, they need to put a stop to what's happening before this thing can take anyone else.

Juliet gently clears her throat, "Mr. Carlton?"

The said man looks up at the two hunters as they approach and Juliet continues, "We'd like to ask you a few questions, if you don't mind." The older man doesn't reply and the two glance at each other again.

Dean then speaks up, "We're from the, the Department-" Bill cuts him off and they can see a hard look in his eyes. "I don't care who you're with. I've answered enough questions today."

Juliet ignores the tug in her heart once more, and puts a professional and hard look on her face. "You son said he saw something in that lake. What about you? You ever see something out there?" There's a pause and Bill doesn't answer, so Juliet carries on. "Mr. Carlton, sophie's drowning and Will's death...we think there might be a connection to you or your family."

Bill turns to them with a broken look on his face as his voice wavers, "My children are gone. It's...It's worse than dying-" Juliet sucks in a breath as she looks at the older man. "I can't fathom how you're feeling right now and I-we are sorry for your loss. I have a daughter as well, she's only five years old and if anything happened to her, God forbid, I would feel just as broken as you're feeling now. So, please if you could just hear us out or tell us anything you might know..."

Bill looks at her as if he's thinking what she is saying over. A breath of hope catches in her throat as it looks as if he might hear them out but that hope is distinguished when Bill shakes his head, "-Go away. please."

Dean and Juliet nod their heads but don't say anything more as they walk back up to the Impala, respecting the man's decision and not wanting to push him on it anymore.

"What do you think?"

Dean glances at Juliet as they continue to walk to the car.