𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

DEAD IN THE WATER [PART ONE]
___

"I'm so proud of you, you know that?"— "I know, Daddy

"I know, Daddy. You tell me all the time."

• • •

It's been a few weeks since the Wendigo fiasco and since then, the gash on Juliet's head has healed and Harlow was able to get the cast on her wrist off, from when she sprained it on the hunt.

Dean, Juliet, Sam and Harlow are in the diner that is opposite their motel. The oldest Winchester Brother sits at the table with Harlow next to him while Juliet and Sam are at the counter ordering two coffees.

"Are you gonna eat that?"

Dean pauses his task of circling obituaries in the paper to eye his daughters half eaten bacon cheeseburger. Harlow looks up at her father after eyeing his mostly empty plate in front of him, meaning her father was being greedy.

The five year old purses her lips and shakes her head before picking up her burger and taking a big bite out of it which causes Dean to laugh before going back to what he was doing before pausing and circling an obituary that reads,

'CARLTON, SOPHIE -The Carlton family is sad to announce the death of their beloved daughter in a tragic swimming accident. Sophie Carlton, 18, was having her [...] Lake Manitoc, WI, an [...] suddenly [...]'

Deans attention is drawn away from the paper and towards an attractive waitress, her name tag reading 'Wendy'.

Wendy looks down at Dean, a seductive smirk painted on her red stained lips. The waitress bats her eyelashes at the hunter, either not seeing or not caring that his daughter was there."Can I get you anything else?" The hunter looks to his daughter, "You want anything else, Hon? A milkshake? More fries?" Harlow doesn't look up from her drawing, but does shake her head, no.

Dean turns back to the woman and gives the her a polite smile and shakes his head, "Just the check, please." He then looks back down, pen in his mouth, to continue reading the obituary he had found as Harlow starts to color in a drawing with one of the crayons from the box that one of the staff had given her.

Wendy frowns when Dean doesn't respond to her flirtatious ways. Her frown deepens more when Juliet approaches the table, with Sam behind her, and places her manicured nails onto Deans shoulder.

"You found anything yet, babe?"

Wendy's eyes narrow at the emphasis on the word "babe". The waitress eyes Juliet up and down and glares at the huntress but backtracks when her blue eyes meet her chocolate brown ones.