𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

BUGS [PART TWO]
___

"Did you and mommy mean what you said earlier?"—"Mean what, sweetie?"

"Mean what, sweetie?"

• • •

After buying something to eat at the nearest restaurant, Sam drives the Impala around the Oasis Plains neighborhood, Dean sits shotgun as Juliet sits in the back with Harlow, the five year old eating her chicken nuggets as her mother sleeps.

The little Winchester peers out the car window, not that she can see much except houses, upon houses, upon houses. It's raining really heavily in Oklahoma, Harlow despises the rain, she prefers the sun, like her mother, but she has to admit that hearing the rain patter on the roof of the car is comforting. If she wasn't wide awake right now, she would be fast asleep.

Dean looks through John's journal, making sure to glance up to the rearview mirror now and then to watch Juliet's sleeping frame and to keep an eye on his daughter, he smiles as she's eating her dinner, watching her mother sleep soundly. He turns to Sam, glad to have a break from driving for a change.

"You know, I've heard of killer bees, but killer beetles? Wh—" He's cut off from finishing his question as Harlow smiles, a bite of her chicken nugget in her mouth. "Hey Jude's my favorite." Dean chuckles as he meets his daughter's eyes in the rearview mirror, "I know, honey. I used to sing it before you went to sleep when it was my turn to put you down for a nap when you were a baby, just like my mom used to do with me, but that's not the kind of beetles we're talkin' about, baby. Your uncle Sammy and I, we're talking about bugs."

At the mention of insects, the little girl turns her nose up and pulls a disgusted expression.

"Yucky."

Dean shakes his head at her words, chuckling. "I agree with you, baby." He looks back to his brother, who's glancing at him with his puppy dog look. Dean raises an eyebrow at him, "What?" Sam, looking like a deer in the headlights, shakes his head, "Nothin'. I've just never knew mom did that." His older brother furrows his eyebrows, "You're not gonna give me a hug and cry on me, are you?"

Sam lets out a chuckle, "No, anyway what were you sayin'?"

"Oh, right. What is it that could make differnt bugs attack?"

Sam shrugs his shoulders, "Well, hauntings sometimes include bug manifestations."

Dean raises an eyebrow as he shakes his head and looks back down to his dad's journal. "Yeah, but me and Jules didn't see any evidence of ghost activity." Sam sighs, "Yeah, me neither." The oldest Winchester brother huffs, not liking the amount of information they have so far which is barely nothing. "Maybe they're being controlled somehow." He looks to Sam, "You know, by something or someone."