𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

SKIN [PART THREE]
___

SKIN [PART THREE]___

"Dean...wait."

"What is it? What's wrong?"

• • •

The shifter, still wearing Dean's face, approaches the front door of Becky's house. He frowns at the tugging sensation on his hand. He looks down to the kid and yanks her back causing her to yelp.

Harlow bites her lip as the monster looks to her, glaring.

"Stop tryin' to escape."

Tears brim Harlow's eyes as the monster squeezes her hand tightly.

"Shut up and just act normal!."

Harlow whimpers as she sniffles at being spoken to so harshly. She just wants her mommy and daddy, she just wants to be with them, safe. She watches as the monster, wearing her father's face, knocks on the door. She recongizes the house, it's her uncle's college friend's place.

The shifter is quick to grab Harlow's face and wipe harshly at the girl's cheeks, getting rid of the tears. Harlow makes a noise and tries to get out of his grip but it's too strong. She goes to bite him but he sees this and just smacks her upside the head, stunning her.

He straightens up just in time as the door opens.

Becky answers the door but is surprised to see Dean and Harlow there. She stares at them with wide eyes, "Oh. Hi."

The shifter pulls a face, "I know what you're gonna say."

Becky crosses her arms as she eyes the man.

"Oh, you do?"

The shifter sighs as he shakes his head, "Well, no, not exactly. But I can take a guess. Get off my porch?"

Becky laughs as she shakes her head, actually finding Sam's brother to be funny. "That's about right."

Dean sighs, "I admit, we lied. Thought I'd try to explain myself. Sam, and Jules, they told me not to come, but, you know, I thought, what the hell, I have to try. So, took Harlow and here we are."

Becky sighs as she eyes Sam's older brother with apprehension, but can't help but cave when he shoots her a smile, she returns it and opens her front door wider, to let them in. It could't hurt to hear him out.

• • •

Juliet, still covered with the sheet, sniffles as the tears continue to stream down her face, she hates herself for being so weak, but the shifter's words have really shaken her up. She shakes her head,