𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

PHANTOM TRAVELER [PART TWO]
___

PHANTOM TRAVELER [PART TWO]___

"I saw that Dean"

"Saw what?"

• • •

Dean huffs out a bored sigh as he drums a beat with his left hand on the steering wheel. He checks his watch and rolls his eyes, noting that it's been around 10 minutes since Juliet and Sam went off to question a witness.

Hearing a small groan from the backseat of the Impala, the hunter turns in his seat and a soft smile tugs at his lips as he watches his daughter's green eyes flutter open, waking up.

"Well hey there, sleepy head. Did you have a nice nap?"

Harlow yawns as she sits up and scans her surroundings, confused at where she is, having just woken up. Her green eyes meet Dean's and it takes her a second to register her father's question but once she does, she nods her head.

Dean smiles. "That's good, bub." The smile on his face starts to strain as his thoughts go back to just the night before when he was woken up by Harlow whimpering in her sleep, having a nightmare about being pulled in the depths of the lake. He had to make her a warm glass of milk just to get her to settle again. His heart breaks just thinking about what his baby daughter went through.

Harlow's small voice brings him out of his thoughts. "Where's Mommy and Unca Sammy?"

Dean leans forward and brushes some of Harlow's hair from her eyes. "They'll be back soon, they're just talking to someone right now."

Harlow furrows her small eyebrows but is satisfied with her father's answer. She watches as Dean takes another quick glance at his watch before biting his lip.

"Tell ya what, smalls. How about you come sit up front with me and come and keep your old dad company?"

Harlow smiles as Dean leans forward once again and unbuckles her booster seat. Juliet and he had agreed to change Harlow from a car seat to a booster seat as she's getting older and can no longer fit in her old one. He lifts her up and over the front bench seat and puts her down next to him.

The two chat happily with each other, Dean glad he's able to distract her even if it is just a little.

After talking for ten minutes at least, Dean looks up and notices Juliet and Sam approaching the Impala. He smiles as they rest against his car window and peer through it.

Dean raises an eyebrow. "Well? What did he say?" Juliet leans in and kisses him before telling him what Max had told them while getting into the car. Juliet makes sure to put Harlow in the back before giving Dean the go ahead to drive off to their next destination.