𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

PHANTOM TRAVELER [PART THREE]
___

"He's joking, right?"—"Believe me, he's not

"Believe me, he's not. He's actually afraid of flyin'."

• • •

The three hunters are spread about their motel room, Juliet on her and Deans bed with Harlow taking a nap next to her while Dean is on Sam's bed and Sam is at the motel table. Each hunter is in full research mode, not that long ago, they taped news articles and images on the walls and not to mention the other articles spread over both beds.

Sam sits at the table, doing research on his laptop and Dean is sitting on his brothers bed, reading while Juliet goes through old newspaper clippings.

Sam looks up at his brother and best friend, making sure to speak with a low voice so he doesn't wake his sleeping niece. "So, every religion in every world culture has the concept of demons and demonic possession, right? I mean Christian, Native American, Hindu, you name it."

Dean nods his head, agreeing with his little brother, "Yeah, but none of them describe anything like this."

Juliet turns to her boyfriend and shakes her head, "That's not exactly true, hon. According to Japanese beliefs, certain demons are behind certain disasters, both natural and man-made. One causes earthquakes, another causes disease."

Juliet looks up when she notices that the room has gone quiet, except for Harlow's little snores. The brunette raises her eyebrows when she sees both brothers looking at her as if she's grown another head. Sam looks at her impressed while Dean looks at her in shock.

The huntress rolls her eyes, "Yeah that's right, I know things." Dean shakes his head, "And this one causes plane crashes?-" the older Winchester brother gets up from the bed "-All right, so, what? We have a demon that's evolved with the times and found a way to ratchet up the body count?"

Juliet and Sam nod their heads, the latter of the two answering. "Yeah. You know, who knows how many planes it's brought down before this one?"

Dean snorts at Sam's words and turns away causing his little brother to furrow his eyebrows in curiosity. "What?" The oldest Winchester brother turns and looks between both Juliet and Sam. "I don't know, guys. This isn't our normal gig. I mean, demons, they don't want anything, just death and destruction for its own sake. This is big and I wish dad was here."

Sam sighs, "Yeah. Me too."

Juliet doesn't say anything and tries to make out like she's doing something else, when in actuality, her stomach is doing flips and not the good kind. She feels like her chest is tightening and her heart is heavy and she feels like she could crack at any moment and burst out with the truth but on the outside she keeps a cool and calm demeanor, a neutral expression on her face, not wanting to let Dean think she's upset because then he will start asking questions, questions that she has the answers to but won't be able to say.