𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

SKIN [PART ONE]
___

"Are we gonna get movin' or are you two just gonna stand there and gaze into each other's eyes until one of you blinks?"—"Shush you

"Shush you."

• • •

Dean pulls into a gas station and once the car comes to a halt, Juliet is quick to jump out and stretch her legs. She leans down and looks into the back door window, where Harlow remains in her booster seat in the car, playing on Juliet's phone while Sam sits in the passenger seat going through his old emails on his PalmPilot.

Dean smirks at his girlfriend, not blaming her for wanting to get out of the car. They've been on the road for hours.

Still looking at his girlfriend from the wing mirror, Dean starts talking to Sam. The oldest Winchester brother making sure to raise his voice just a little, so Juliet can hear him as well.

"Alright, I figure we'd hit Tucumcari by lunch, then head south, hit Bisbee by midnight."

When he doesn't hear a repsonse from his brother, Dean stares at Sam with a look on his face, a mixture of annoyance and amusement as a thought pops into his head.

"Sam wears women's underwear."

Juliet rolls her eyes at her boyfriend's playful antics whereas Sam just rolls his eyes in annoyance. "I've been listenin', I'm just busy."

Dean furrows his eyebrows, curious.

"Busy doin' what?"

"Reading emails."

Dean gets out of the car. He starts to fill the tank with gas while replying to Sam at the same time.

"Emails from who?"

Sam not looking up from scrolling through his emails, replies to his brother. "From my friends at Stanford." Hearing that, Dean leans down to look at Sam from the driver's side window, a look of surprise on his face. "You're kidding. You still keep in touch with your college buddies?"

Juliet scoffs at hearing the mocking tone in his voice and is quick to smack his arm with a shake of her head. Dean sucks air through his teeth as her hand makes contact, he's quick to rub the spot where she hit him, which is now sore.

Sam nods his head at Juliet in thanks as he looks up from the email he is reading to look at his brother. "Why not?" Dean shakes his head, "Well, what exactly do you tell 'em? You know, about where you've been, what you've been doin'?"