Are you okay? (8)

"What took you guys so long?" Cory said as me and Shawn walked in. "Nothing Cory." I said and laughed. "Alright, I gotta get home." Shawn said and looked at his watch. "Yeah me too." Cory said, then we all walked out. "Bye Cory." I said to him as he walked in the house. "Bye guys." Cory said and shut the door. "Want me to walk you home?" Shawn turned to me and said. "Sure, that would be great." I said and grabbed his hand, then started walking. "How far is your house?" Shawn said to me. "Right around this corner." I said to him. "Oh nice house." He said as we turned the corner. "Thanks." I said, I hated when people complimented the place I live, it may look great, but it's not great, it's horrible. "Yeah no problem." Shawn said to me. "Shawn how are you getting home?" I said to him. "I'll probably walk, I don't know." He said to me. "Oh well I can drive, I can take you home, if you want." I said to him. "If you can drive.. why did you walk to Cory's house?" Shawn said and laughed. "Cause it's not that far, why drive around a corner." I said and started laughing. "Alright alright, sure, you can take me home." He said to me. "Ok, let me go get my keys." I said to him. My parents had bought me a car on my 16th birthday. I honestly hate it, they bought the car with stolen money, and it feels wrong to drive it, that's why I let my mom drive it places, I just use it for emergencies. "Oh hey mom." I said when I walked in. "Hey sweetheart." She said and looked at me. "Where are you going, weren't you just out the whole night? Put those keys down and go up to bed." My dad said to me as I grabbed my keys, he was clearly mad, but I didn't care, he doesn't scare me. "Gotta go, bye." I said, before I could walk out my dad smacked the keys out of my hand, "dad come on.. I have to drop a friend off, it'll be quick." I said to him and leaned down to grab my keys. "Mark, just let her go." My mom said. "Be quiet." He said, and walked over to my mom. My dad was the worst, and my mom listened to him. We wouldn't have to be on the run 24/7 if my mom would learn to leave him. "Bye mom!" I said and grabbed my keys off the ground, then walked out the door. "Alright, sorry, I got caught up talking to my parents." I said to Shawn and laughed. "Oh it's okay, I bet they are great." He said as he got in my car. "Well, not exactly." I said and let out a fake laugh. "What do you mean?" He said to me. "I'll explain another time, where do you live." I said to him, I wasn't supposed to tell anyone about my parents, and I mean anyone. "Oh I'll show you." He said. Whenever we pulled up to where Shawn lived I got out of the car and gave him a hug. "Hey Y/N." He said to me as I hugged him. "What?" I said in response."Are you okay?" He asked me. Suddenly I felt a pit in my stomach, I hadn't been asked if I was okay in years. "Nope, not really, but I'll manage." I said to him. "Oh.. well you don't have to manage on your own, I'll help you." He said to me. "Thank you.." I said. The whole time I was hugging him. With him I felt safe, he made me feel safe. I think for the first time, someone loved me. "Go get sleep okay, I'll see you tomorrow." He said to me. "Yeah.. what time tomorrow?" I asked. "7 pm, exact." He said to me, then laughed. "Why are you laughing?" I said and laughed too. "The neighbor that I hate is sitting on their porch watching us, wanna annoy him?" Shawn said. "Yes, let's do it." I said and started laughing. "Alright." "7 PM TOMORROW RIGHT?!" Shawn shouted. "YEP, GOT IT, BYE!" I shouted back, "DON'T SAY BYE, I DON'T LIKE THAT WORD!" He shouted, as he walked off. I watched the neighbor roll his eyes and walk back inside, but screaming in the middle of the night was fun, so I decided to continue. "OK FINE NOT BYE! UHM ILL SEE YOU LATER!" I shouted again, but this time I was laughing. "YEP THAT SOUNDS RIGHT! BYE BABE!!" He shouted to me, he was also laughing. Babe.. did he just call me babe?.. I thought as I got in my car. Shawn Hunter, just said that to me..