Always. (16)

(SLIGHT TW FOR THIS CHAPTER!)

Y/N'S POV:
The next few weeks went by as usual, I went to school, I hung out with my friends, and I was always with Shawn. "Good morning child." My mom said when I came downstairs. "Or should I say good afternoon, you slept all day." She said and laughed. "Oh come on, I was out all night, give me a break." I said and laughed. "I know you were." She said to me, "you came back in at 2 am." She then added. "I'm sorry, did I wake you?" I said to her. "Oh no, you woke your sister, but anyways, what were you doing?" She asked me. "I was just hanging out with friends." I said to her. That wasn't the truth, I was at Shawn's house all night, but you think I was going to say that to my mom? No. Never. She would have a fit. "Oh, alright, what did you guys do?" She then asked me. "Oh yk, the usual, watched movies, played board games." I said to her. "She's a liar." Marcia said from the living room. The night before I had told Marcia where I was going, and she promised not to tell my mom. "She was at Shawn's house all night, they were probably shoving their faces together or something." She said and rolled her eyes. "I was not! We were watching movies!" I yelled. "Ok enough girls!" My mom said, then turned to me, "we will talk about you lying to me later." My mom added, and looked at me, she gave me that look that moms give you when they are mad. Once she walked away I heard the doorbell ring. "I'll get it." I said. "Good morning!" Shawn said as I opened the door. "Well hello." I said to him. "How's my favorite mom?" He said and walked over to my mom. "I'm great Shawn, how are you." She said and laughed. "Oh I'm awesome miss, thanks for asking." He said. "Oo look who it is, hey Shawn, did you make-out with my sister last night?" Marcia said and walked over to him. "Can you mind your business?" Shawn said and rolled his eyes. "I'm going to go find Jackson, he called me from the phone upstairs to tell me to come see his new action figure!" Shawn said and ran upstairs.

Once Shawn got upstairs I turned and heard the door open, "I'm getting the rest of my stuff, and then leaving." I heard a familiar voice say. When I turned around it was my dad. "Wth why are you here?!" I said to him. "Didn't I just say that?" He said to me. "Yeah, but you don't have any right to come here." I said to him. "That's not the only reason either, I'm taking the kids." My dad said, then looked straight at my mom. My mom didn't say a word, she never stood up to him. "You aren't going anywhere near those kids." I said to him. "I can do what I want." He said, then tried to go upstairs. "Don't even try! They don't want to go with you! Just leave!" I yelled at him. "Do not yell at me! You know you are the whole issue!" He said to me, then grabbed my wrist. It wasn't a light grab, he was hurting me. "Please let go!" I said, I repeated said several times but he wouldn't let go. "Just let go of her." My mom said. This must've stopped him, because he let go. "The only reason why you wanted to stay here was because of that stupid boy, he's a no good. If you stay with him you are going to be nothing!" My dad yelled at me. "He isn't stupid! And he's not a no good!" I screamed back. "See he's already rubbing off on you! Never speak to me like that again! You hear me?!" He said, then shoved me. "She heard you." Shawn said and walked down the stairs. "Don't speak for her, she has a voice." My dad said, at this point I was sitting on the ground. I was crying, and I was terrified. "I can speak for her when she needs me to, and I think right now, she needs me to. Don't lay another hand on her, and don't ever speak to her, let alone any female the way you just did." Shawn said, I could tell that he was mad. "I can do what I want. You think I'm going to listen to some messed up teenager?" My dad said and scoffed. "I know you won't listen to me, but I'm hoping that this helps you be less of a piece of shit. Let your daughter live her life." Shawn said to my dad. "You aren't doing any good for my daughter." My dad said to Shawn. "I'm pretty sure I am. And I'm sure as hell doing a better job protecting her than you ever would." Shawn said. My dad didn't even say anything, he just left. I think he was gone for good this time, or at least I hope he was.

SHAWN'S POV:
I looked over and seen Y/N, she was shaking, crying, and she was clearly scared. "Y/N.." I said and walked over to her, then knelt down and wrapped my arms around her. "Thank you." She said. "You never have to thank me, for anything, I will always, always, protect you, I will always make sure you are safe, you are my priority." I said to her. "I love you." She said to me. "I love you too, come on, let's go watch some movies." I said to her. "Ok, let's go." She said, and I gave her a piggyback ride to the couch. "Shawn did you mean what you said?" She then asked me. "Always." I said to her, then kissed the top of her head, and we both slowly fell asleep.

(Idk if I like this chapter..)