Settled for any less (17)

Y/N'S POV:
When I woke up Shawn wasn't with me anymore, I figured he had went home this morning while I was still asleep. I walked over to the kitchen to grab something to eat, and seen that Shawn left a note. The note read:
I left this morning, I figured I should get home since I didn't tell anyone I was staying at your house last night, I love you. I'll see you soon.
~Your favorite boy, Shawn <3
He's corny, but I'm glad he left a note. I didn't have much to do today, my mom was at work, she got a job at a diner. My sister was at a friends house, and Jackson was at a play date. So it was just me today. I went up to my room and decided to play some records. When I walked over to my record player, the note that Shawn gave me for my birthday was sitting there. I never read the note, I guess I just forgot that he gave it to me. I decided to open it and read it.

Hi Y/N, I hope you actually read this, although I know a lot of people don't like to read stuff like this. Anyway, I know I might sound dumb, or cheesy, but I really wanted to tell you how much you mean to me. I love you a lot Y/N. When I say that I mean it, I look at you, and it's like all my problems go away. I feel sparks with you, like butterflies I guess? You know, that weird feeling that you get inside when you like someone, and you feel all those butterflies swarming in your stomach.. I get that every time I look at you. You are the first girl that has made me feel this way. I have never cared about someone the way I care about you. I want to spend all my time with you, I mean I just want to always be around you. You make me happy. You're an amazing person Y/N, you light up any room you walk into. I'm not sure how a girl like you, could be with someone like me. I'm nothing special. But you seemed to have thought differently.
I know this isn't the best, but I tried, thank you.
With all my heart, I'll always love you.
You are my lover, always.
~Shawn Patrick Hunter
(PS, know that I love you, because I never sign things with my middle name)

When I finished reading the note I couldn't believe it. I mean Shawn wrote all of that for me. No one had ever made me feel the way Shawn does. Shawn said that he was "nothing special" and I wish I could show him how special he actually is. He is truly, an amazing person, with an amazing heart. I wouldn't have settled for any less, than Shawn Hunter.

(Sorry if there are typos, I didn't proof read this.)